- Tomorrow is Constitution Day – which celebrates the signing of the U.S. Constitution by our Founding Fathers – 229 years ago at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia. This enduring document established the fledging United States as a bastion of freedom and democracy – and continues to serve as an inspiration not only to our countrymen, but to oppressed peoples around the world.
The Constitution also prescribes the organization of our government – and outlines the process by which we elect our leaders. And as you know – 2016 is a Presidential election year. So to tell us more about the Constitution – and how it will impact this year’s presidential race – we’ve brought in a pair of “presidential” experts.
- WMS is ramping-up for BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT – next Tuesday from 7 to 9 P.M. Parents are invited to tour the building, hear from Principal Laurie and the PTA, and even “walk in your shoes” by following your schedule and meeting all your teachers. So tell your folks to clear their calendars – and come to Back to School Night next week!
- Are YOU doing anything Tuesday night? Then why not come back to school YOURSELF?! WMS needs 8th grade volunteers to act as tour guides during Back to School Night next week. Comb the halls to help those poor, last parents find their way to class; answer questions about your Middle School experience; and show off those big, beautiful smiles for the cameras. Interested 8th graders should talk to their class-level counselor.
- Give me a ‘C!’ Give me a ‘H!’ Give me an ‘E!’ Give me another ‘E!’ Give me an ‘R!’ What’s that spelled? CHEER!! That’s right everybody, the WMS Cheerleading squad is soon to start tryouts for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade girls AND boys. It starts the TUESDAY after next – September 27th, during ASP 1. Interested athletes are asked to sign up on the Activity Board by the cafeteria. Participants must have a physical on file. Please see Ms. Sutphin with any questions.
- Hey 8th graders! The year may have just started, but it’s already time to think about HIGH SCHOOL! Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology is about to begin its application process for interested students. The on-line form will be available on the TJ Admissions website beginning on MONDAY at 4 P.M. – and closes next month on October 14th. A TJ rep will be at WMS on September 27th to answer any questions. Just get a pass from Mr. Hicks to attend – or you can always talk to your class counselor. Good luck, wolves!