- TESTING TIME continues here at WMS! The 8th grade Cavaliers and Rams teams will be taking the Multiple-Choice WRITING test today. Testing locations are the same as yesterday — but check with your TA teacher if you’re unsure about where to go. Students are reminded to BRING YOUR IPADS to the test, as well as a book to read for when you’re finished — but NOTHING ELSE: no backpacks, no smart-watches, not even a pencil. Good luck on the test, Cavaliers and Rams!!
As for our 6th and 7th graders — you’ve got an important job today, too: BE QUIET IN THE HALLS! Students will be testing in the LIBRARY and ENGLISH TRAILER all morning, so please be respectful and responsible as you walk between classes. Teachers will be posted throughout the school to remind you. Thanks in advance for your consideration, wolves!!
- What do the “The Maze Runner,” “Land of Stories”, and “The Red Pyramid” all have in common? They dominated their opponents during the first week of our WMS Tournament of Books! That’s right, The March Madness Tournament of Books has reached the Elite-Eight! So check out the new matchups and make your picks using the QR code by the cafeteria, or follow the link in today’s Morning Announcements Blog. There’s a lot of great books out there, but only ONE can be the CHAMPION! Vote TODAY in the Tournament of Books!! *CLICK HERE* to vote in the March Madness Tournament of Books!
- The WMS Helping Hands Club is “helping” kids with cancer… but they need your HELP!! There will be a charity candy drive — every MONDAY and TUESDAY this month after school by the cafeteria. All money raised will go to Saint Jude’s Children’s Hospital — and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. So bring your money, get a sweet treat, and HELP these deserving kids at the same time. See Ms. Compton or Mr. Johnson with any questions — or if you want to “help.”
- The ROBOTS are coming! The ROBOTS are coming!! But don’t worry, they’re good robots. APS middle schoolers are invited to the 3rd annual “Adam Nesbitt Robotics Day” — at the Career Center this SATURDAY from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 pm. It’s a FREE EVENT and no experience is required — just an interest in robots and technology. Space is limited, so check out the flyer by the main office for information on how to register, or just follow the link in today’s Morning Announcements Blog. See Mr. Dudek or Ms. Cameron for more information. Hooray for robots!!
*CLICK HERE* to register for the “Adam Nesbitt Robotics Day!”
- The Earth Club will be hosting a bake sale — this FRIDAY after school in the ______________. There will be a delicious assortment of cakes and goodies — all for just 2-dollars each. All money raised will help support the Earth Club and its mission to make WMS a “greener place.” Bring your appetite!