- Today is the start of Black History Month – a time for all of us to acknowledge and celebrate the contributions of Black Americans throughout our nation’s history. Literature, poetry, and music – science, mathematics, and invention – athletics and advocacy – and of course, civic and political leadership – Black Americans have impacted every facet of our lives. So take some time this month to read, research, and remember – that BLACK HISTORY is AMERICAN HISTORY – and that is what truly makes America great.
- This is an important announcement for all students in Mr. Parcham’s 8th grade English class! Students should report to the WOLF DEN in the Library both TODAY and TOMORROW for class. Do NOT got to the trailers, and do your best to be on time — there’s a special presentation that you don’t want to miss. Once again, Mr. Parcham’s classes will be held in the WOLF DEN today and tomorrow.
- Attention 7th and 8th graders! If you are taking a ONE SEMESTER elective class, then it’s almost time to switch. Your new elective schedule will begin on MONDAY — so be sure to check StudentVUE to confirm your class and location. See your school counselor with any questions.
- Broadway comes to Williamsburg! THURSDAY night at 7 P.M. in the auditorium — the WMS Theater Department presents: “The Stuck Pot.” This romantic-comedy pits GIRLS against BOYS — in a scheme to win a bet for whoever gets “stuck” with the worst date at the dance. Tickets for Thursday’s show are just 3-dollars for adults, 1-dollar for students and seniors, and complementary for teachers and a guest. It’ll be a night to remember, so come out and enjoy the show!
- And now it’s time for WOLF PACK PRIDE! The Girls Basketball team traveled to Gunston yesterday, looking for its second win in a row. It was a back and forth contest, but in the end Gunston pulled away — 39 to 33. Great game, wolves — you’ll get ’em next time! [clap]
Be sure to show your support for WMS sports TOMORROW — when the Boys Wrestling team hosts Jefferson Middle, and the Girls Basketball team hits the road again — also matching up against Jefferson. So let’s fill the stands and root them on to victory. Be a Part of the Pride!!
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math! If YOU’D like a career in STEM — or even if you just just enjoy building things and working with tools — then you can still sign-up for Mr. Dukek’s ACT 2 “Inventions” class for the second semester. Just see Ms. Hogwood or Mr. Tuttle to sign-up, or see Mr. Dudek for more information.
- The Model UN Club will be meeting TOMORROW during ASP 1 in room 202. Students are reminded to bring their Commitment Forms for upcoming Conferences. See Mrs. Carlson with any questions.
- Here at Williamsburg, a number of students share a special –but difficult — experience: growing up in a military family. Their parents and loved ones are often deployed for months or even YEARS at a time — but student reporter Annie B. says they bear this burden like a badge of honor, and stand ready to welcome their families home.
*CLICK HERE* to watch Military Homecomings on WOLF-TV!