- We begin today with WOLF PACK PRIDE! There are a lot of AMAZING students here at WMS. And you deserve to be recognized. Teachers from every grade and every team have identified an outstanding group of students to receive this month’s Wolves With Character Award — for TOLERANCE. And they’ll all be treated to a free PIZZA PARTY on Friday during all grade-level lunches in room 110.
Take a look at the screen, to see the deserving honorees. In 6th grade:
–and Ander A.
In 7th grade:
–and Nathan R.
And in 8th grade:
–and Reem O. Congratulations to all of our “tolerant” wolves! And again, for tomorrow’s lunch, just go straight to room 110 for your free pizza!!
- Wolf Pack Pride continues with the WMS athletics program and big pair of upcoming games. First up, the Boys Basketball team takes its winning-ways on the road, matching up against Kenmore Middle School at 3:15 — “shooting” to stay UNDEFEATED on the season.
And the Boys Wrestling team gets its season started today at 3:30 against Swanson Middle School at home in the WMS gym — and they’re looking to “take down” the competition. Students and staff are encouraged to pack the stands, root them on to victory, and be a Part of the Pride. Go get ’em, basketball and wrestling wolves!!
- Attention 6th and 7th graders! It’s now or never to sign-up for next year’s classes. Course Request Forms — the CRFs — must be turned-in to your counselor by this FRIDAY at the latest. If you miss the deadline, you could get stuck with a class that you don’t really want. So stop procrastinating and complete your CRF! See you grade-level counselor with any questions.
- And there’s also some incredible classes at Yorktown for our outgoing 8th graders to consider — but they fill up fast. Your high school CRF must be completed and returned to your counselor, Mr. Tuttle, by next FRIDAY, February 9th, at the LATEST. If you miss the deadline, you probably won’t get your first choice. See Mr. Tuttle with any questions.
- Calling all MUNners! There will be no Model UN meeting today — again, today’s meeting has been cancelled — and remember that the pizza fundraiser is also being rescheduled for a later date. However, the next meeting will be held next THURSDAY, as usual. New and prospective members are invited to stop by, too! And be sure to complete and return your Spring Conference Forms to Ms. Carlson as soon as possible.
- And now for a Technology Tip from Ms. Solomon: The latest iPad update has arrived! APS is asking all students to upgrade their iPads to “iOS 11” as soon as possible. You can do the upgrade yourself at home. Just go to “settings” then select the “software update for iOS 11” — and you’ll be done in minutes. See Ms. Solomon — or ask one of your computer-savvy friends — with any questions.
- The WMS Earth Club will be holding a Bake Sale on FRIDAY after school — where you can get a sweet treat for just 2-bucks. All money raised will benefit the World Wildlife Fund — and its mission to protect endangered species. It’s good eats for a good cause at the Earth Club bake sale!
- Who wants a free bicycle? Thanks to a partnership between WMS and Phoenix Bikes, you can now build your own bike, learn to do all the maintenance and upkeep yourself, and you can keep it for FREE!! Interested students are invited to an informational session next MONDAY during ASP 1 in room 124. See Ms. Scruggs for more information — and get yourself a new bike!!
That’s all for now, but don’t go away just yet. There will be another special broadcast on WOLF-TV this morning in celebration of Black History Month — it’s Day 2 of the annual African American Read-In.
Here’s the procedure: When the bell rings to end TA, please proceed directly to your WOLF TIME location. The African American Read-In will begin promptly at 8:05. Enjoy the show!