- The WMS SCA will be having a mandatory meeting TODAY during ASP 1 in room 215. All officers and reps MUST attend. See Mr. Tagert or Mr. Peacock with any questions.
- Need help with Spanish? The Yorktown Spanish Honor Society is offering FREE tutoring on TUESDAY during ASP 2 in room WW 6. Get extra help with grammar and vocab — and everything you need to succeed. Just sign up with your Spanish teacher to attend, or see Senora Stewart with any questions. Hasta pronto!
- The boys Cohort will meet on Tuesday during ASP 1 in room 233 on Tuesday. Participants will discuss leadership, tolerance, and strategies for success. See Ms. Pointer with any questions.
- This is a reminder for the WMS Girls Basketball team — your CLEAN uniforms must be returned to Ms. Boyers as soon as possible. Again, Girls Basketball — turn in those “unis.” The end-of-the-season basketball party will be scheduled as soon as they are returned.
- Looking for a fun after school activity? Then the WMS “Enrichment Matters” program is for you! TODAY is your LAST CHANCE to register for an exciting array of classes, including: Chess, Restaurant Creations, Donut Bar, Game Design, Glee Club, and Programming with Minecraft. Just follow the “Enrichment Classes” link in the “Activities” section of the WMS website for descriptions and registration information. See Ms. Hogwood with any questions.
- Calling all ballers and hoopsters… it’s time to kick-off the annual Hoops for Heart Fundraiser, in partnership with the American Heart Association! Participants can earn great gifts and cool prizes — all while raising money to help research and fight heart disease. Students in all grade-levels will receive their fundraising information and envelopes in PE this week. Then save-the-date for March 24th, when the school will host a Hoops for Heart Celebrate in PE, complete with basketball games, half court shooting contests, and hula hoop competitions. Do your part for Hoops for Heart!
- Attention 8th graders! The Writing SOL begins TOMORROW — and there are a few things you need to know. When going to your testing locations, you will NOT be allowed to bring your backpacks, water, snacks nor ANY electronic devices — including phones, iPads, gaming consoles, smart watches. or anything else. But you SHOULD bring a pencil or pen, and a BOOK to read in case you finish early — but again, no electronic readers. If you are not sure where you’re testing, just ask your TA teacher or check the postings outside of the cafeteria and library. Good luck on the SOL, 8th graders!
- We’ve all gone through the lunch line in the cafeteria — but how many of you know how the food gets made? Stay tuned as WOLF-TV’s “Sage Declassified” takes us on an exclusive tour of the WMS kitchen!
*CLICK HERE* to watch Sage Declassified on WOLF-TV!