- This is a reminder that we are still using the “30-minute TA schedule” today. Please use this time to go over your schedule, review the student handbook, practice opening your locker, and get to know your new classmates and teachers!
- The Wolfbots LEGO Robotics team is looking for 6th graders with robotics experience. Please see Mr. Dudek — a.k.a. Mr. “Dude” — in room 129 if you are interested. ALSO, returning team members, please check in with Mr. Dudek this week. Go WOLFBOTS!
- Attention actors! The Act 2 Theatre Arts Class is now accepting students for the Fall semester. Just sign with Mr. Brown in room 228. This year’s project is: a school play! You can perform on stage, work backstage, or even produce the show. The first meeting is scheduled for next TUESDAY during ASP 1 in room 228. But there’s no late bus, so make sure you’ve got a way home.
- Tennis tryouts will begin next MONDAY after school at Yorktown High School. Interested athletes should meet at the busloop by the cafeteria immediately after school on Monday for the drive over. And remember — you MUST have a completed physical on file in the clinic. Please see Mr. Seeger for more information.
- Who’s hungry? The WMS lunchroom offers a variety of healthy — and tasty — meals everyday. Just go to the WMS homepage and click “Breakfast and Lunch Menus” under “Quicklinks” for the monthly menus selections. All lunches are just $2.90, and “a la carte” items can be purchased for between 50 cents and $1.
Students who receive “free and reduced lunches” also get a range of selections — including PB&J, hummus, bagels, salads, sandwiches and more! And if you forget your lunch money — DON’T WORRY ABOUT IT! Just ask a cafeteria worker, and they’ll hook you up. Bon appetit!