- Double your pleasure, triple your fun! The WMS Yearbook would like to invite all Williamsburg TWINS — and TRIPLETS — to get their pictures taken for a special section in this year’s issue. Just come to room 136 — TOMORROW — right after the announcements — and say CHEESE! Please see Ms. Briones with any questions.
- Do you like to SING? Do you like pop music and musical theater? Then you better act FAST! Tomorrow is your LAST CHANCE to sign-up for ACT 2 CHORUS! Interested students-slash-performers should meet on THURSDAY in room 227 after school. There will be several performances throughout the year — and many students will have opportunities for solos and duets! Please see Ms. McTavish with any questions.
- Move over, Donald and Hillary — because the biggest political campaign is RIGHT HERE at WMS!! The SCA is making one last call for candidates. They’re looking for STUDENT LEADERS in the 8th grade who can work with Principal Laurie and the entire student body to make our school a better place. Come to the meeting on THURSDAY during ASP 1 in room 215 to learn more, or see Mr. Peacock or Mr. Tagert with any questions. Forget Uncle Sam, Williamsburg needs you!
- The WMS Model UN club is set to kick-off a new season! Interested debaters should attend the first meeting — THURSDAY during ASP 1 in room 202. See Mrs. Carlson with any questions. You could change the world!!
- WMS Girls Ultimate Frisbee is “spinning” towards its first game against Kenmore — but it’s still not too late to join the team! Interested athletes MUST come to practice TOMORROW. If you want to play, Coach “Smo” says we need to see your face on the field!
- The Best Buddies Club will have its first meeting on FRIDAY during TA in room 124. This inspirational club is your chance to really make a difference in our school, and with our amazing kids. Just check-in with your TA teacher first, then come on down to learn what it’s all about. See Ms. Spina with any questions. Thanks, Buddy!!
- If you know how to read and write in any language other than English, you should take the Credit by Exam. If you pass this exam, you can earn up to 4 High School credits. Ask Ms. Soto in room 132 for an application. Don’t wait and get school credit for language skills that you already possess!
Si sabes hablar y leer en español, debes tomar el Crédito por Examen. Si pasas este examen, puedes conseguir hasta 4 créditos de preparatoria. Pide a la Sra. Soto en la habitación 132 que te dé una solicitud. No esperes y obtén créditos escolares por habilidades del lenguaje español que ya posees.
- Calling all dancers, musicians, writers, filmmakers, and visual artists! Put your creative genius to the test in the annual “Reflections” contest. This year’s theme: “What Is Your Story?” Just get a submission form and turn-in your entry to the “Reflections” box in the library by October 17th.
- The Boys soccer team kicked off the season with a 4-2 victory over Swanson yesterday in front of huge crowd! This was the FIRST game ever played on the new turf field. Four different players scored goals for WMS– with John M., Simon P., Luke N., and Sergio V. all hitting the back of the net. Boys soccer will be back in action on THURSDAY — taking on Kenmore Middle School. Way to go, soccer Wolves! [clap]