- In case you missed it, yesterday was the WMS Activity Fair! Kids got a first-hand look at many of our school’s sports, clubs, groups, ACT 2 classes, and even student government! If you’re interested in learning more — and hopefully joining up — just go to the “Activities” and “After School Clubs” pages on the WMS website.
- Congratulations to the WMS Tennis Team for a BIG WIN over Kenmore yesterday. The victory was a genuine team effort, and all our players demonstrated good sportsmanship throughout. The next match is scheduled for TUESDAY versus Swanson at Bluemont — so come on out and root on your team. Way to go, Wolves!!
- What are YOU doing after school next week? I’ll tell you what — INTRAMURALS!! That’s right, intramurals begin after school next MONDAY with basketball in the Gym. The program runs every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30 to 4:15 — no sign-ups are needed. Just check the daily intramural schedule on the WMS website to find out that day’s sport. See Ms. Stankus or Ms. Richards with any questions. Come out and play!!
- If you know how to read and write in any language other than English, you should take the Credit by Exam. If you pass this exam, you can earn up to 4 High School credits. Ask Ms. Soto in room 132 for an application. Don’t wait — and get school credit for language skills that you already possess!
Si sabes hablar y leer en español, debes tomar el Crédito por Examen. Si pasas este examen, puedes conseguir hasta 4 créditos de preparatoria. Pide a la Sra. Soto en la habitación 132 que te dé una solicitud. No esperes — y obtén créditos escolares por habilidades del lenguaje español que ya posees.
- Calling all dancers, musicians, writers, filmmakers, and visual artists! The annual “Reflections” contest is set to begin! This year’s theme: “What Is Your Story?” Just get a submission form and turn-in your entry to the “Reflections” box in the library by October 17th. Put your creative genius to the test!
- WMS Girls Ultimate Frisbee is “spinning” towards its first game against Kenmore — but it’s still not too late to join the team! Interested athletes MUST come to practice next MONDAY, TUESDAY or THURSDAY. If you want to play, Coach “Smo” says we need to see your face on the field today!
- We’ve got spirit, yes we do! We’ve got spirit, how about YOU! Grab your pom-poms, because tryouts are about to begin for the WMS Cheerleading squad. 6th, 7th, and 8th grade girls AND boys are encouraged to come out — next TUESDAY – September 27th, during ASP 1. Just sign up on the Activity Board by the cafeteria and make sure you have a physical on file. Please see Ms. Sutphin with any questions.
- The WMS Yearbook is putting together its spread for the new year — and the only thing missing is YOU!! First up: what did you do this summer? Submit a photo to the “Summer Vacations” page and be the ENVY of all your friends.
- But that’s not all — you could also be featured in the “Now and Then” page! Send in a fun picture of yourself and your friends when you were itty-bitty kids — and see how much we’ve all changed. So whether it’s “Summer Vacations” or “Now and Then” — submit your pictures to Ms. Briones today! Her email can be found on the WMS website.