- Listen up, 8th graders! The morning assembly for Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology will be starting at 8 o’clock SHARP! All 8th grade TAs should make their way to the auditorium IMMEDIATELY so you can find your section before the presentation begins. Get the information YOU NEED to create YOUR FUTURE!
- The WMS Tennis Team will be holding its first official practice of the year TODAY after school. Players should meet by the cafeteria bus loop for the ride over to Yorktown. For more information, see Mr. Seeger or just scan the QR code by the Activity Board. Don’t forget your racket!
- Also “kicking off” today is the first Girls Soccer practice. Athletes should meet at 2:45 in Mr. Girard’s room — C102 — for some brief announcements prior to practice.
- What are YOU doing after school this year? Williamsburg Middle School offers DOZENS of after-school activities for students — ranging from sports to clubs to academic classes. Whatever you’re into — you’re gonna find it here! So stop by the WMS Activities Fair — this THURSDAY after school in the cafeteria. Late buses will be available for the ride home. Meet with coaches, club sponsors, teachers, and participating students — and find the activity for you!
- September is “Suicide Prevention Month” — and WMS is committed to “shining a light” on this sensitive and heartbreaking topic. A representative from Arlington County will be visiting our school TOMORROW — during all grade level lunches — with information about how to support others who are struggling with this serious issue. Be sure to check it out. And in the meantime, if you or someone you care about are in crisis, our school counselors are here to help. “Just one conversation can save a life!”
PANCAKES: And now, please welcome to the WOLF-TV studio a pair of special guests — to tell us about an important “historical” anniversary.
TAGERT: (rapping) Authority, Responsibility, Privacy, Justice— These are the words that mean so much to us.
WINTER: Good morning, Williamsburg. I’m Ms. Winter.
TAGERT: And I’m Mr. Tagert. Yesterday was Constitution Day — and on behalf of the Williamsburg Social Studies Department, we would like to highlight why the Constitution is so important.
WINTER: This year’s theme at Williamsburg is “Create the Future.” The framers of the Constitution helped to create our future by establishing a living document that would be able to adapt to the continuous changes and growth of our country.
TAGERT: To help us better understand just how important our Constitution is, we’d like to present this “Constitution Rap” — by Smart Songs.
WINTER: Peace out!