- Today marks the start of “Hispanic Heritage Month”, when we as a nation – and as a community – recognize and celebrate the culture, contributions, and achievements of America’s fastest growing population group.
Here at WMS, we have a number of activities and presentations planned for TA and lunch this month– so keep a look out! To get it started, here’s a video from “Time for Kids” that explains a bit more about Hispanic Heritage Month.
- WMS is ramping-up for BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT – next Tuesday from 7 to 9 P.M. Parents are invited to tour the building, hear from Principal Laurie and the PTA, and even “walk in your shoes” by following your schedule and meeting all your teachers. So tell your folks to clear their calendars – and come to Back to School Night next week!
- The WMS Model UN club is back in business! Returning members are asked to please attend a brief meeting TODAY, from 2:30 to 3 in room 202 — where you’ll start making plans for the upcoming season. Just remember that there are NO late buses, so make sure you’ve got a way home. See Ms. Carlson if you have questions.
- Try-outs for the WMS Tennis and Soccer teams wrap-up today – so students better bring the ‘A’ Game! For tennis, players are reminded to meet at the bus loop right after school today for the drive over to Yorktown. Please see Mr. Seeger for more information.
- And for soccer, it will be the 8th grade boys meeting on Field 2 from 2:30 to 4 P.M. Please see Mr. Witte with any questions. And remember — all students MUST have a completed physical on-file to participate in any WMS sport. Go get ’em, Wolves!!