- The SOLs roll-on here at WMS — with 6th graders from ALL TEAMS taking the Math exam from 8 to 10:48 this morning. Meanwhile, the rest of the school will be following a NORMAL class schedule today. Testing locations are listed outside of the library, or you can check with your TA teacher.
A few reminders for Test-takers: may ONLY bring your fully-charged iPad, a pencil or pen, a book to read, and earbuds ONLY if you have an approved audio accommodation for the test. You may NOT bring: backpacks or cinch sacks; any other electronic devises such as phones, watches, game consoles and the like; nor any water or snacks. And of course, there is zero tolerance for CHEATING.
And for all those students who are NOT testing today — please remember to be quiet and respectful in the halls. Teachers will be monitoring the hallways to ensure that there are no disruptions. Any other questions or concerns? Check with your teachers or grade level counselors. Good luck on your SOLs, 6th graders!
- And now for an important announcement from our school librarians. The end-of-the-year is fast approaching — and that means it’s time for ALL library books to be returned. Books can be left on the library cart outside of the cafeteria, or in the library either before or after school. The deadline to return them TOMORROW. So look in your backpack, your locker, and under your bed at home — and BRING IN YOUR BOOKS!
- And now it’s time for WOLF PACK PRIDE! A number of Williamsburg students were featured at the Arlington Student FilmFest at H-B Woodlawn this weekend. Their original films and videos were screened for HUNDREDS of people to see — and were recognized with multiple awards, including:
–a Gold Medal and Award of Distinction for “For Cryan’ Out Loud” by Ryan C., Ryan. S., and Christopher P.
–TWO Gold Medals, TWO Silver Medals, and an Award of Distinction for “Music at WMS” by Cameron M. and Christian H.
–TWO Silver Medals and an Award of Distinction for “Let’s Go Clubbing” by Kiersten B., Claudia P., and Annabel P.
–a Gold Medal and THREE Silver Medals for “Open Minded” and its TEN student collaborators
–and finally, FOUR additional films were named official selections: “Middle School & Martial Arts”, “Curly Fries”, “Versus”, and “Ella”
Congratulations to ALL of our student film-makers for putting on such a great show. Way to go, wolves!! [clap]
- The Symphony Club will have its LAST meeting of the year — TODAY during ASP 1 in the band room. Members are encouraged to come by for one last session of music-making. See Ms. Tuttle with any questions.
- Calling all student-athletes! If you played a school sport this year — you MUST return your team uniform AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Please bring them to Ms. Hogwood’s office, located across from the auditorium. Again, all team uniforms must be returned before the end-of-the-year.
- The WMS Kindness Club will hold its last meeting of the year this THURSDAY during ASP 1 in the cafeteria. Members will be working on their final community service project, so please get there right away. See Mr. Johnson, Ms. Schaefer, or Ms. Zeller with any questions.