- We begin today with WOLF PACK PRIDE! The WMS Music Department ROCKED THE HOUSE at the Busch Gardens Musicale Festival last Friday — and now we’ve received word that they also won some MAJOR awards!
- The Concert Band and 6th Grade Orchestra both received “Excellent” ratings.
- The Chorus, Concert Orchestra, Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble all received “Superior” ratings.
- Soloists Eleanor G. and William G. were both recognized for special merit.
- And biggest of all — the Wind Ensemble received the “Best Overall Band” award!
- Congratulations to all of our award-winners — and to all 250-plus students who participated. Way to go, music wolves!! [clap]
- The premiere of the WMS Spring Musical — Singin’ in the Rain, Junior — was a HUGE success last night! The cast sang-and-danced their hearts out, and received a standing ovation from the crowd. Way to go, acting wolves! [clap] You’ve still got two chances left to see this classic show: TONIGHT at 7, and TOMORROW at 1:30. Tickets can be purchased in the auditorium lobby before the show. Check it out!
- Need help with Spanish? The Yorktown Spanish Honor Society is offering FREE tutoring next TUESDAY during ASP 2 in room WW 6. Get extra help with grammar and vocab — and everything you need to succeed. This will be the FINAL tutoring session of the year — so don’t miss it! Just sign up with your Spanish teacher to attend, or see Senora Stewart with any questions. Hasta pronto!
- The 2016-2017 WMS Yearbook is nearly SOLD-OUT. So order yours today and Don’t miss out on the memories! Just go online to the WMS homepage and click “Order Year Book” to reserve your copy. See Ms. Briones for more information. Get one before they’re gone!
- And now, student-reporter Logan M. takes at look back at some of the amazing history of Arlington, Virginia — and in this case, “real life” really is STRANGER THAN FICTION. Stay tuned for “The Spies of Arlington” on WOLF-TV!
*CLICK HERE* to watch The Spies of Arlington of WOLF-TV!