- We begin today with WOLF PACK PRIDE! This morning, Williamsburg will be hosting its first ever “On a Roll” Ceremony — recognizing a group of OUTSTANDING young people from the 6th, 7th and 8th grade — all of whom were selected by their teachers. The honorees will be receiving their invitations during TA this morning — and are asked to please proceed to the auditorium immediately following the Morning Announcements to participate in this special event. Way to go, wolves — you’re ON A ROLL!! [clap]
- Get ready for a rockin’ good show! The WMS Theater Department is set to premiere its Spring musical: Alice in Wonderland, Jr!! — this Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the auditorium. Check it out!
- The Kindness Club will be meeting this TUESDAY during ASP 1 in room 201. Everyone is welcome to attend, even if you’ve never been before. It’s ALL HANDS ON DECK as the Kindness Club teams-up with the Check-In program for their upcoming fundraiser. Any question? Please see Ms. Schaefer, Ms. Zeller or Mr. Johnson.
- Calling all film-makers, journalists, and video-jockeys! The Arlington Student FilmFest is now accepting entries for its 2019 competition. Just follow the link in today’s Morning Announcements Blog to submit your video and application by the deadline on April 9th. The Festival itself will take place on June 1st at H-B Woodlawn — where all of the finalists and award-winners will be screened. See Mr. Schonfeld for more information. Now go make some movie magic!
**CLICK HERE for the Arlington Student FilmFest application**
- The WMS Tournament of Books has reached the Championship Match — and the two contestants could NOT be more different. In the final round of voting, it’s “Divergent” versus “The Hate U Give” — which incredibly beat out “The Hunger Games” in the Final Four by a SINGLE VOTE! Can you say — Cinderella Story??? Make your picks using the QR codes by the main office, or follow the link in today’s Morning Announcements Blog. Only ONE can be the CHAMPION — so place your vote TODAY!!
*CLICK HERE* to vote in the March Madness Tournament of Books!
- Stop the presses!! We’ve got BIG NEWS for all you 7th graders who’d like to be a part of WOLF-TV next year. The 8th grade Journalism elective is adding a SECOND section for the 2019-2020 school year. You’ll learn all about television production, running the Morning Announcements, and creating your own series of original segments — like GameSharkey Echo, Girl Talk, and Mediocre Media. See Mr. Schonfeld in the library classroom for more information — or talk to your counselor to sign-up.
- And now for a “Transportation Tip” about riding the bus. If you’re ever planning to take a bus that’s not your own — like if you’re going to a friend’s house after school — you MUST bring a note from home to the main office NO LATER than your grade level lunch. Again, do NOT wait until the end of the day to get a bus pass — because there isn’t time and you’ll miss the bus! See Ms. Argenal in the office with any questions.