- We begin with an important Technology Tip from Ms. Solomon: All students, LISTEN UP!!! Do NOT upgrade your iPads at home to iOS 11.3. Again — DON’T upgrade your iPad with the new operating system. It has NOT been approved by APS. ONLY proceed with upgrades when specifically instructed, or else we may have to WIPE your device. See Ms. Solomon with any questions.
- And now, it’s time for the FINAL RESULTS of the WMS Tournament of Books! After receiving nearly 60-percent of the vote — the new, 2018 Champion is: “The Red Pyramid!” This best-selling fantasy novel was the Number 10 seed — but dominated in every round of the competition, and easily ended “Hammer of Thor’s” winning streak. Thanks to everyone who participated, and a special shout-out to Mr. Feeney’s 7th grade TA for creating the winning bracket. Way to go, wolves, and hooray for books!!
- A penny saved is a PATIENT saved! The WMS Check-In Program is holding a big fundraiser this month — Pennies for Patients. This national campaign benefits the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, which is working to find a cure for blood cancer. Pennies for Patients will run for the next 3-weeks, with the goal of raising 3,600-dollars. And here’s a little extra motivation for you: whichever TA collects the most money will get a free pizza and ice cream party!! See Ms. Kia with any questions, and contribute to Pennies for Patients TODAY!
- The Check-In Program will ALSO be selling CANDY after school everyday this week — culminating with a BAKE SALE this FRIDAY. All money raised will be added to the Pennies for Patients fundraiser and its goal to cure cancer. So be sure to come by, get a sweet treat, and support Pennies for Patients!
- National Library Week continues today — and we have the results of the first Library Trivia Challenge! The following TEN students were the first to answer both questions correctly. Congratulations to:
–John B. from Ms. Winter’s TA
–Alejandro L. from Ms. Ascenzi’s
–Pierce L. from Hailey
–Hussein S. from Tuttle
–Aidan C. from Seeger
–Fernando from Myers
–Nathenael Y. from Fey
–Claire D. from Martin
–Alex D. from Ms. Kennedy
–and Elsie M. from Mr. Feeney’s TA.
Congratulations to all of our winners! Be sure to stop by the Library today to claim your prize. And now — it’s time for today’s trivia question: Who wrote “Divergent?” Rick Riordan, Scott Westerfeld, Marie Lu, or Veronica Roth?
To submit your answers, just go to the LIBRARY section of the WMS website and click “Research Links.” Or, follow the link in today’s Morning Announcements Blog. Good Luck, Wolves!!
**CLICK HERE** for Library Trivia!!