- Would you be my Valentine? The WMS SCA is holding a Valentine’s Day Fundraiser — “Crush for your Crush” — starting TODAY! For just 2-dollars, you can send an anonymous can of Crush soda to your “Crush” — or special someone. Recipients will get their Crush on Valentine’s Day next TUESDAY — and for just 1-dollar they can learn the identity of their secret admirer. OR — the sender can INSURE the Crush for an extra buck — and the recipient will NEVER KNOW who it came from.
For more information, scan the QR codes on signs posted around the school. Order forms — and money — may be returned to your TA teacher or the SCA advisors: Mr. Peacock or Mr. Tagert. All money orders must be received by this Friday.
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math! If YOU’D like a career in STEM — and if you enjoy building things and working with tools — then sign up NOW for Mr. Dukek’s ACT 2 “Inventions” class. Just come to room 129 TODAY after school to sign up, or see Mr. Dudek for more information.
- Calling all creative kids! The ACT 2 “Visual Arts” class is still accepting students for the Spring Semester. Participants will explore an array of artistic media, including drawing, painting, sculpture, and more! Just sign up with your class counselor or Ms. Hogwood, or see Mr. Skrzypek or Ms. Muscarella for more information.
- There will be a MANDATORY SCA meeting for all officers and reps — THURSDAY during ASP 1 in room 215. See Mr. Peacock or Mr. Tagert with any questions.
- Latinas Leading tomorrow will be this THURSDAY during ASP 1 in room 214. Participants are asked to be on time because there will be a special guest speaker. See Ms. Pointer with any questions.
- Hey 8th graders! Your Yorktown “Course Request Forms” are due next TUESDAY. So stop procrastinating, pick your classes and turn them in — ASAP!! The sooner the CRF is submitted, the better your chance of getting the classes you want. See your counseler TODAY with any questions.
- The 2016-2017 WMS yearbook is on sale NOW!! Just get an order form from your TA teacher — or better yet, get yours ONLINE by clicking the “Order Year Book” link on the WMS homepage. Supplies are limited, so get yours before they’re gone. The WMS Yearbook — Don’t miss out on the memories!
- And now an IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT about school procedures when arriving in the morning: Beginning next MONDAY, students will only be able to enter the building through Door 1 in the front of the building and Door 4 by the bus loop. All other doors will be locked. Upon entering the building, all students MUST report to their holding areas: 6th graders to the lobby, 7th graders and students eating breakfast to the cafeteria, and 8th graders to the auditorium. See you Assistant Principal Rowden with any questions.