- Hey, 8th graders! Washington-Lee High School is now accepting candidates for its International Baccalaureate program — one of the top academic programs in the country! Interested students should report to the Wolf Den THIS MORNING at 8:15 to meet with W-L counselors for course selection. Don’t miss out on this INCREDIBLE opportunity!
- Read any good books lately? The Teen Advisory Board — a.k.a. TAB — will be meeting TODAY during all grade level lunches in the library. So grab your grub and come take a look at these Totally Awesome Books!!
- The Teen Trendsetter’s Club will be meeting TODAY immediately after school in Room WW 18. Your mentees are depending on their reading buddies, so don’t be late! See Ms. Clayton with any questions.
- Hey, Cheerleaders — grab your pom poms! There will be cheerleading practice TODAY during ASP 1 in the main Gym See Ms. Sutphin with any questions.
- Need help with Spanish? The Yorktown Spanish Honor Society is back — offering FREE tutoring on TUESDAY during ASP 2 in room WW 12. Get extra help with grammar and vocab — and everything you need to succeed. Just sign up with your Spanish teacher to attend, or see Senora Stewart with any questions. Hasta pronto!
- The Model UN Club will NOT be meeting today. But there WILL be a meeting on THURSDAY to prepare for the upcoming Sidwell Conference, WOLFMUN, and other MUN activities. The meeting is open to everyone. See Mrs. Carlson with any questions.
- If you want to succeed in life — then you need to RISE UP! All middle school boys are invited to the upcoming APS “Color of Leadership Conference — Boys Rising Up!” — on Saturday, March 11th from 8 to 2pm at Kenmore Middle School. This exclusive program includes leadership workshops, a martial arts experience, roundtable discussions, and of course FREE FOOD!! Interested boys MUST register for the event by this THURSDAY. See Ms. Pointer to sign-up, or with any questions. Boys rule!!
- It’s nearly time once again for Parent-Teacher Conferences! Conferences will be held “Arena style” this THURSDAY afternoon from 4:30 – 7:30 PM, and on FRIDAY morning from 7:30 to 11:30 AM. Tell your parents that they can meet with ONE or ALL of your classroom teachers. No appointments are necessary, but meetings are limited to 5 minutes each. Good luck with that, everybody!
- There’s some BIG changes coming to the Williamsburg bell schedule next year! Student-Reporter Maya K. has the inside story on our move to: the “Block.”
*CLICK HERE* to watch Block Schedule on WOLF-TV!