- It’s the final day of Random Acts of Kindness Week — and today’s we’re “paying it forward.” If you’re kind to someone, then that person is more likely to be kind to someone else. Just as a waterfall begins with a single drop of rain, one Random Act of Kindness can be passed on and on — bringing happiness to many others. Anthropologist Margaret Mead once said, “Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For, indeed, that’s all who ever have.” Thanks to all the students and staff who helped to make this such a great week. Now let’s all pay-it-forward — and continue to cultivate kindness in our community!
- And now for some WOLF PACK PRIDE! The WMS girls Basketball Team played a game for the ages yesterday at home against Gunston. Down 13 to 21 at the half, the Wolves came out on a rampage — sinking shot after shot and holding the Hornets scoreless for the entire 3rd quarter. Williamsburg took the lead and never looked — winning a great one by a final of 39 to 36. Way to go, Wolves!! [clap] The season wraps up at home next TUESDAY against Jefferson. So let’s pack the stands, root our team to victory, and Be a Part of the Pride!!
- It’s Back !!! The WMS Model UN Club will be selling pizza TODAY, immediately after school in the Main Lobby and by the Cafeteria. 2-dollars will get you a slice and a cookie! All proceeds go to fund upcoming Conferences and activities. Pizza pizza!!
- Give the gift of a story! WMS is now collecting books to support the Arlington Book Shelf, classroom libraries, and other local charities. Donation boxes are located in the front lobby by the library, and books can be dropped off until next FRIDAY, February 24th. See Ms. Han with any questions.
- The 2016-2017 WMS yearbook is on sale NOW!! Just get an order form from your TA teacher — or better yet, get yours ONLINE by clicking the “Order Year Book” link on the WMS homepage. Supplies are limited, so get yours before they’re gone. The WMS Yearbook — Don’t miss out on the memories!
- There’s still time to submit your entry to the WMS “Mannequin Challenge!” Here’s what you do: Use your iPad to film a Mannequin Challenge video in your TA, then go to the WOLF-TV link on the WMS website to upload and submit your video. The most creative entry from each grade-level TA will receive WOLF PAWS for everyone — AND will be featured on WOLF-TV!! I challenge YOU, Williamsburg, now let’s see what you’ve got!!
- Generations of kids have been reading comic books and graphic novels — but student-reporter Lydia C. says their popularity has never been higher. It’s time for “I’ve Got Issues” on WOLF-TV!
*CLICK HERE* to watch I’ve Got Issues on WOLF-TV!