- It’s Day FOUR of Random Acts of Kindness week, and today we’re talking about the importance of friendship. According to a recent study, children who perform Random Acts of Kindness feel more accepted by their classmates and have more friends than kids who don’t. It’s just common sense: When you are kind to others, more people want to be around you. So do something nice for someone TODAY — and you just might make a new friend!
- And now for some WOLF PACK PRIDE!! The WMS Girls Basketball Team had a big WIN over Kenmore on Tuesday — 34 to 16. The game was close early, but the Wolves played tough and pulled away in the end. And a special shout-out goes to the WMS band — for playing the National Anthem before the game. Way to go, wolves!! [clap]
WOLF PACK PRIDE continues TODAY with a pair of games against Gunston. The Boys Wrestling team has a match-up on the road, while the girls Basketball team will host the rival Hornets in the WMS gym. Plus, the WMS chorus will be performing the National Anthem — you don’t want to miss it! So let’s pack the stands and cheer our teams to victory. Be a Part of the Pride!
- On your marks, get set, GO!! The WMS Track and Field season is almost upon us. So if you like to run, jump, skip, or throw — then sign-up using the QR code posted outside of the cafeteria, and be sure to come to the interest meeting TODAY during ASP 1 in the gym. See Mr. Treble with any questions.
- There will be a Model UN meeting TODAY during ASP 1 in room 202. This will be an important “prep” meeting for EVERYONE going to the “William and Mary” and “Sidwell Friends” conferences. See Mrs. Carlson with any questions.
- There will be NO “Math Counts” today during lunch or after school. Again, Math Counts has been CANCELLED for today.
- This morning’s informational meeting for SOAR at Yorktown has has been CANCELLED. Invited students will be notified as soon as it gets rescheduled. See Ms. Pointer with any questions.
- It’s Back !!! The WMS Model UN Club will be selling pizza on FRIDAY, immediately after school in the Main Lobby and by the Cafeteria. 2-dollars will get you a slice and a cookie! All proceeds go to fund upcoming Conferences and activities. Pizza pizza!!
- The 2016-2017 WMS yearbook is on sale NOW!! Just get an order form from your TA teacher — or better yet, get yours ONLINE by clicking the “Order Year Book” link on the WMS homepage. Supplies are limited, so get yours before they’re gone. The WMS Yearbook — Don’t miss out on the memories!
- Give the gift of a story! WMS is now collecting books to support the Arlington Book Shelf, classroom libraries, and other local charities. Donation boxes are located in the front lobby by the library, and books can be dropped off until next FRIDAY. See Ms. Han with any questions.
- And finally today — we continue our celebration of Black History Month with a a special poetry reading: “Frederick Douglass” — by Robert Hayden — read by 8th grader Donte A.