- Today we will be following the B-Day schedule. That means you’ll be attending periods 2, 4, 5, and 6 — so be sure to double-check that you’ve got the correct books and binders for class. Again, this is a B-Day. See your TA teacher with any questions.
- Hey, 7th graders! How would YOU like to be on the Yearbook Staff next year? The WMS Yearbook is now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year. This select group of students uses photography and graphic design to make a keepsake for the ages. But space is limited! To apply, first select Yearbook on your CRF — and then pick up an application from Mr. Schonfeld in the Library Classroom. Applications must be completed and returned by February 21st to be considered. The WMS Yearbook — Be a Part of the Pride!!
- Attention VJAS!! There will be a MANDATORY meeting for all students participating in the Virginia Junior Academy of Science — this FRIDAY in room 115 during 8th grade Wolf Time and 7th grade lunch. See Mrs. Warden for more information — and to get a pass for the meeting.
- Calling all students, teachers and staff!! This FRIDAY is National Heart Awareness Day — which advocates for research into heart disease and assistance for those affected. To show our support for this life-saving cause — everyone is encouraged to wear RED this FRIDAY. So show your Wolf Pack Pride and ROCK THE RED this FRIDAY to combat heart disease.
- And now it’s time for WOLF PACK PRIDE!! The WMS Art Department racked up the glory at this year’s Scholastic Art Competition — where 25 Williamsburg students combined to win nearly FORTY awards for their incredible art projects — whose names we’re putting up on the screen now.
- Congratulations to: Ryan A., Sofie A.C., Ujala A., and Olivia B!
- Sam B., Helen B., Leanna E., and Victoria E!
- Grace F., Sarah F., Rebecca G., and Julia H!
- Lauren H., Katie K., Libby L., and Kate L!
- Grey M., Madison M., Lia M., and Piper O!
- And Hannah P., Jacklynka S., Key S., Jeffery S., and Erin S! Way to go, artistic wolves!! [clap]
- All of their projects will be showcased next month in the display case in the Main Lobby. But that’s not all! The Gold Key projects — all 37 of them — will now be entered into a NATIONAL art competition — where they could win scholarships worth THOUSANDS of dollars. Good luck, wolves!
- Wolf Pack Pride continues with boys basketball. It was a battle of the undefeated teams yesterday, when WMS hosted Gunston Middle School for the biggest game of the season so far. It was neck-and-neck until the third period — when Gunston pulled away and handed Williamsburg their first defeat of the year — 35 to 49.
Props to 8th grader Buddy S. who tallied 9 points and four blocks in the loss — and to the entire team for playing hard until the final whistle. Way to go, baller wolves — you’ll get them next time!! [clap]. Boys basketball is back in action with another home game this Thursday against Swanson. So let’s pack the stands, support the team, and get back on a winning track. Go wolves!!