- Today we will be following the A-Day schedule. That means you’ll be attending periods 1, 3, 5, and 7 — so be sure to double-check that you’ve got the correct books and binders for class. Again, this is an A-Day. See your TA teacher with any questions.
- It’s a BIG DAY for the WMS wrestling team — as they prepare to compete in the Championship County Match today at 1pm at Jefferson Middle School. They’ll be taking on some of the best pound-for-pound fighters in all of Arlington. So let’s wish them luck and root them on victory — go get ’em, wrestling wolves!! [clap]
And a quick reminder to all wrestlers competing in the tournament — please go to the Clinic for your weigh-in immediately following the Morning Announcements. Once again, all wrestlers need to weigh-in. Also, remember that all wrestlers in all grades will be eating during the 6th grade lunch today at 11:05 — and you’ll be leaving for the Championship Meet immediately afterwards. See Mr. Mencarini with any questions.
- This next announcement is for all of our students who were selected for the field trip to the National Museum of African American History and Culture next Tuesday. The field trip has been CANCELLED. Once again, since there will not be school next Tuesday, the field trip to the African American Museum will need to be rescheduled. Ms. Mays or Dr. Ellis will be contacting you soon with more information.
- Hey, everybody — do you have a question about something in our school? Do you have an issue or problem that you think our administration needs to know about? Then we want to hear from YOU! Next month, WOLF-TV will be hosting a Town Hall event with Principal Bryan Boykin. But first, we need to know what questions to ask. To submit a question — just go to the Morning Announcements blog on the WMS website and click the “Town Hall” link. And thanks in advance for participating in the WOLF-TV Town Hall!!
- Listen up, 6th graders! How would YOU like to be on the Yearbook Staff next year? The WMS Yearbook is now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year. This select group of students uses photography and graphic design to make a keepsake for the ages. But space is limited! To apply, just select Yearbook on your CRF — and then pick up an application from your school counselor or Mr. Schonfeld in the Library Classroom. The WMS Yearbook — Be a Part of the Pride!!