- We begin today with WOLF PACK PRIDE! The “Cinderella Season” continues for the WMS boys basketball team — who cruised to a 39 to 14 victory over Swanson Middle School. 8th graders Jack O., Quinn C., and Sam K. paced the offense, and the whole team defense was FIERCE. The Wolves have now won 4-in-a-row to start the season, and look to make it FIVE next Tuesday on the road against Gunston. Way to go, baller wolves!! [clap]
- There are a lot of AMAZING students here at WMS. And you deserve to be recognized! Teachers from every grade and every team have identified an outstanding group of students to receive this month’s Wolves With Character Award — for TOLERANCE. And they’ll all be treated to a free PIZZA today during all grade-level lunches in room 110.
Take a look at the screen, to see the deserving honorees. In 6th grade:
–and Ander A.
In 7th grade:
–and Nathan R.
And in 8th grade:
–and Reem O. Congratulations to all of our “tolerant” wolves! And again, for tomorrow’s lunch, just go straight to room 110 to pick up your free pizza!!
- Attention 6th and 7th graders! It’s now or never to sign-up for next year’s classes. Course Request Forms — the CRFs — must be turned-in to your counselor TODAY. If you miss the deadline, you could get stuck with a class that you don’t really want. So stop procrastinating and complete your CRF! See you grade-level counselor with any questions.
- And there’s also some incredible classes at Yorktown for our outgoing 8th graders to consider — but they fill up fast. Your high school CRF must be completed and returned to your counselor, Mr. Tuttle, by next FRIDAY, February 9th, at the LATEST. If you miss the deadline, you probably won’t get your first choice. See Mr. Tuttle with any questions.
- The WMS Earth Club will be holding a Bake Sale TODAY after school — where you can get a sweet treat for just 2-bucks. All money raised will benefit the World Wildlife Fund — and its mission to protect endangered species. It’s good eats for a good cause at the Earth Club bake sale! And here’s a look at the organization that the Earth Club is hoping to help.
- Who wants a free bicycle? Thanks to a partnership between WMS and Phoenix Bikes, you can now build your own bike, learn to do all the maintenance and upkeep yourself, and you can keep it for FREE!! Interested students are invited to an informational session next MONDAY during ASP 1 in room 124. See Ms. Scruggs for more information — and get yourself a new bike!!
- Need help with Spanish? The Yorktown tutors are coming back — next TUESDAY during ASP 2 in room WW 11. Get extra help with grammar, vocab, and everything you need to succeed! Just sign-up with your Spanish teacher ahead of time to attend, or see Senora Stewart with any questions. Hasta pronto!
- And now for a Technology Tip from Ms. Solomon: The latest iPad update has arrived! APS is asking all students to upgrade their iPads to “iOS 11” as soon as possible. You can do the upgrade yourself at home. Just go to “settings” then select the “software update for iOS 11” — and you’ll be done in minutes. See Ms. Solomon — or ask one of your computer-savvy friends — with any questions.
- It’s time to share the love, Williamsburg! The WMS Kindness Club is promoting a new campaign for the month of February: “Have a Heart.” Animal shelters across America house THOUSANDS of homeless pets — but often can’t provide even basic warmth and comfort. But you can help! All this month, the Kindness Club will be collecting new or gently used towels and blankets for donation. Collection bins are located in the main lobby by the library. So “have a heart” and “do your part” to support our furry friends in need!
- And finally today — the WMS Model UN Club has ARRIVED! This school year, MUNers from around the region came to Williamsburg for the first-ever WOLFMUN conference — and it was a smashing success. Student-Reporter Ellie D. brings us the story.
That’s all for now, but stay tuned for CNN 10 on WOLF-TV!!