- We begin today with WOLF PACK PRIDE! The WMS Kindness Club is proud to announce Random Acts of Kindness Week — from TODAY until FRIDAY here at WMS. Here’s what to do: there are “Kindness Matters – Take One Pass It On” flyers located throughout the school — each containing strips of paper with inspirational quotes, kind thoughts, and helpful sayings. Students are encouraged to take a strip and “pass it on” to another — and start spreading KINDNESS wherever you go. And to help us launch Random Acts of Kindness Week — check out this totally KIND video!
- Calling all students who participated in the PTA Reflections Contest this year! Your submissions and award certificates are available to be picked up — THIS WEEK in the Library “reflections” bin. Again, if you have not yet taken home your submissions and certificates, please collect them from the library by this FRIDAY. And of course — congratulations to everyone who took part in the contest!
- The WMS Kindness Club will be holding an important meeting TODAY during ASP 1 in room 201. All members — past and present — are STRONGLY encouraged to attend — because you’ll be getting your club picture taken for the yearbook! Plus there’s more work to do on the Kindness Tree, and numerous events to plan for March. See Ms. Schaefer, Ms. Zeller, or Mr. Johnson with any questions.
- “I’m so glad I didn’t buy a yearbook” — Said no one EVER! The deadline to buy your 2018-2019 WMS Yearbook is this FRIDAY — February 22nd. That means you’ve got just a few DAYS before they’re all gone. Yearbooks cost 40-dollars — or for 55-dollars you can get the exclusive “Signature Package.” Just go the WMS Website to place your order TODAY — or stop by room 137 and ask Ms. Kontos and the yearbook staff for more information. The WMS Yearbook — Don’t miss out on the memories!
- The WMS Kindness Club’s “Have a Heart Campaign” is in its final week. Students and staff are encouraged to donate used towels and blankets that will go to support local animal shelters — and the hundreds of homeless pets they’re trying to get adopted. Donations are being collected in the bin outside of the library until this FRIDAY. So have a heart — help our furry friends in need — and donate TODAY!
- And now for a “Transportation Tip” about riding the bus. If you’re ever planning to take a bus that’s not your own — like if you’re going to a friend’s house after school — you MUST bring a note from home to the main office NO LATER than your grade level lunch. Again, do NOT wait until the end of the day to get a bus pass — because there isn’t time and you’ll miss the bus! See Ms. Argenal in the office with any questions.