- Today is an EARLY RELEASE DAY at WMS, so we’ll be following a shortened A-Day schedule. Be advised that TA will end promptly at 7:58 a.m., and then you’ll proceed to periods 1, 3, 5, and 7. There is NO Wolf Time today, and dismissal is at 11:54. See your TA teacher with any questions. Hooray for the short day!!
- Calling all SIBLINGS! The WMS Yearbook is featuring a special section this year for all brothers, sisters, and of course — TWINS who go to school together here at Williamsburg. If you’d like to be included, come WITH YOUR SIBLING to the yearbook photo shoot — this THURSDAY or FRIDAY in the Library during TA. See Mr. Schonfeld with any questions — and say cheese!!
- And speaking of yearbook — we’ve got some super SUPERLATIVES for you to vote on! Just go to the Morning Announcements Blog RIGHT NOW, select the link to your grade-level superlatives quiz, then name the classmate who best represents each category, including: best smile, cutest couple, biggest class clown, and many more. Voting ends next FRIDAY, the 21st. And the results will be published in the 2020 Yearbook. Students AND staff are invited to participate. So vote for your class superlatives TODAY!!
- Attention VJAS!! There will be a MANDATORY meeting for all students participating in the Virginia Junior Academy of Science — this THURSDAY in room 115 during 8th grade Wolf Time and 7th grade lunch. See Mrs. Warden for more information — and to get a pass for the meeting.
- Mr. Dudek’s ACT II Inventions class still has room for a few more students. Classes meet after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the technology room and shop. Come on down and use power tools, 3d printers and more! See Mr. Dudek for more details, or just pop-in for the next class to see if you like it.
- And now it’s time for WOLF PACK PRIDE!! WMS Boys basketball team lost a tough game on the road to Thomas Jefferson yesterday — 32 to 43. The boys were led by 8th graders Buddy S. and George F. with 6 points each. Good game, baller wolves!! [clap] Boy basketball will try to get back to their winning ways on Thursday against Dorthy Ham — so come down to the WMS gym and support the team!