- We begin today with some Wolf Pack Pride! A special congratulations to the nearly 200 seventh and eighth graders who participated in the 2017 WMS Science Fair this weekend! Contestants used the scientific method to investigate an array of projects — ranging from bacteria growth to alternative energy.
As we speak, judges are tabulating their scores — and the Science Fair winners will be announced later this week. Way to go, Science Fair wolves!! [clap]
- Move over Broadway — because the best musical theater is right here at Williamsburg Middle School! Auditions for the Spring Musical will be held TODAY during ASP 1 and 2 in the auditorium. This year’s show: “Singing in the Rain, Junior!” Interested students should come ready to sing, dance, and act. You could be a star!
- Batter up! The Yorktown Girls Softball team will be holding an informational meeting TODAY in Patriot Hall at 3:15. Interested athletes are encouraged to attend — to learn all about the upcoming season. Please see Ms. Sutphin with any questions, and be sure to check out the “Yorktown Sports” website for winter “hitting” signups.
- The “Technology Student Association” — otherwise known as the TSA — is welcoming new members for the winter and spring! This innovative WMS club conducts fascinating experiments related to STEM, including: planes, rockets, 3-D printing and more. The next meeting is scheduled for TODAY during ASP 1 in room 129. Please see Mr. Dudek with any questions. STEM RULES!!
- Sister Circle will be meeting TODAY during ASP 1 in room 233. Please see Ms. Pointer with any questions.
- The Inked Club has been cancelled for today. Please see Ms. Martin with any questions.
- Need help with Spanish? The Yorktown Spanish Honor Society is back — offering FREE tutoring this TUESDAY during ASP 2 in room WW12. Get extra help with grammar and vocab — and everything you need to succeed. Just sign up with your Spanish teacher to attend, or see Senora Stewart with any questions. Hasta pronto!
- The Boys Cohort will be meeting on TUESDAY in room 233 during ASP I. Please see Ms. Pointer or Mr. Hicks with any questions.
- What’s that buzz? It’s the annual “WMS Geo Bee!” Coming this FRIDAY at 12:30 in the auditorium — 6th, 7th, and 8th graders will put their knowledge to the test at this highly competitive trivia competition. There can only be one champion — but who will it be?? Be there this FRIDAY to find out, or watch the Bee LIVE on WMS-TV. Go GEO!!