- We begin today with some Wolf Pack Pride! A special congratulations to a pair of special teachers — 7th grade Science teacher, Ms. Willet, and WMS Librarian, Ms. Tan — for successfully renewing their NATIONAL BOARD CERTIFICATION! This is a major accomplishment for educators, and we are so lucky to have them at our school. Way to go, teacher wolves!! [clap]
- The Annual WMS Science Fair is almost here!! Students, parents and staff are invited to check-out the AMAZING student displays during the Science Fair open house — this SATURDAY morning from 8 to 8:30 A.M. in the cafeteria. One of these exhibits could change the world — so come out and support your friends and classmates. Science Rocks!!
- Move over Broadway — because the best musical theater is right here at Williamsburg Middle School! Auditions for the Spring Musical will be help on MONDAY during ASP 1 and 2 in the auditorium. This year’s show: “Singing in the Rain, Junior!” Interested students should come ready to sing, dance, and act. You could be a star!
- The “Technology Student Association” — otherwise known as the TSA — is welcoming new members for the winter and spring! This innovative WMS club conducts fascinating experiments related to STEM, including: planes, rockets, 3-D printing and more. The next meeting is scheduled for next MONDAY during ASP 1 in room 129. Please see Mr. Dudek with any questions. STEM RULES!!
- Sister Circle will meeting on MONDAY during ASP 1 in room 233. Please see Ms. Pointer with any questions.
- Need help with Spanish? The Yorktown Spanish Honor Society is back — offering FREE tutoring next TUESDAY during ASP 2 in room WW12. Get extra help with grammar and vocab — and everything you need to succeed. Just sign up with your Spanish teacher to attend, or see Senora Stewart with any questions. Hasta pronto!
- Hey, 8th grade! Believe it or not, but it’s time to start thinking about high school — and Arlington Tech could be the one for you!! Located at the Arlington Career Center, Arlington Tech uses project-based learning and problem solving to prepare its students for the highest levels of success in college and the workplace. Interested students are encouraged to attend the Arlington Tech Informational Meeting — TODAY during 8th grade lunch in room 110. Representatives from the school will be on hand to answer your questions and help you with the application process. And here’s a sneak peak of what’s in store at Arlington Tech!!
*CLICK HERE* to watch the Arlington Tech Promo on AETV!