- We start the day with WOLF PACK PRIDE! Our student-athletes had a BIG day yesterday. First, the WMS Wrestling team DOMINATED Kenmore in their first match of the year on the home mat — cruising to a 57 to 33 win. Five wrestlers won by pin — and it was a great all-around team effort.
But that’s not all: The girls Basketball team rebounded from a tough loss on Tuesday to score an INCREDIBLE victory on the road against Kenmore — 45 to six. Let me say that again: 45 to SIX!! Congratulations to both teams! Way to go, sporty wolves!! [clap] Be sure to keep rooting them on in upcoming games next week. Be a PART of the PRIDE!!
- The WMS Theater Department is preparing to premiere its winter production: “The Stuck Pot!” A romantic-comedy set in a girls boarding school, “The Stuck Pot” pits GIRLS against BOYS — in a scheme to win a bet for a whoever gets “stuck” with the worst date at the dance. You’ve got TWO chances to see the show. First, next TUESDAY during ASP 1 and 2 in the auditorium — the Act 2 Theatre Arts class will be showcasing select scenes from the play. Students are invited to watch this “limited” performance for FREE!
And then, next THURSDAY night at 7pm it’s the REAL DEAL — the premiere of FULL PRODUCTION of “The Stuck Pot.” Tickets are just 3-dollars for adults, 1-dollar for students and seniors, and complementary for teachers and a guest. It’ll be a night to remember, so come out and enjoy the show!
- ACT II classes are still accepting students for the 2nd semester. Act II is a chance for students to take enrichment courses after school for an actual grade on your report card. Choose from a variety of interesting and hands-on classes, such as art, technology, and theater. Sign-ups are available on the activity board by the cafeteria. See Ms. Hogwood or the individual teachers for more information.
- Hey 7th graders! Would you like to work on the WMS Yearbook as 8th graders next year? Then sign up now! Space is limited in this special class — so interested students are asked to fill out an application. Get one from Ms. Briones or Mr. Tuttle, and have it returned no later than February 24th. Act fast!
- Become a student-reporter and sign-up for JOURNALISM next year! The 7th grade “New Media” class focuses on modern technology to tell the news — such as blogs, vlogs, tweets, and digital newspapers. While the 8th grade “Journalism Production” class develops original programming for the student-run broadcast studio — WOLF-TV. The TRUTH is out there — so sign up TODAY!!
- The 2016-2017 WMS yearbook is on sale NOW!! Just get an order form from your TA teacher — or better yet, get yours ONLINE by clicking the “Order Year Book” link on the WMS homepage. Supplies are limited, so get yours before they’re gone. The WMS Yearbook — Don’t miss out on the memories!
- And now — it’s time to ROCK! Student-reporter Tony D. strikes a chord in “The World of Guitars” — or as we like to call it: Bizarrin’ Guitarrin’! Stay tuned!
*CLICK HERE* to watch The World of Guitars on WOLF-TV!