- We begin today with WOLF PACK PRIDE! The Girls Basketball team kicked off its season with an INSANE game at home against Swanson yesterday. The Wolves were down by NINE points late — but somehow were able to tie it up with just 7 seconds to go — sending the crowd into a frenzy! But in the end, Swanson was just a bit too much — handing WMS its first loss of the season — 38 to 36 — in a nail-biter. Good try girls — you’ll get ’em next time! Way to go, wolves! [clap] And on a side note — big-time props to Maya and HB for their rousing rendition of the National Anthem to start the game!
- WOLF PACK PRIDE continues this THURSDAY with a pair of games — first, the Boys Wrestling team looks to “take down” the competition at their first match of the year — hosting Kenmore Middle in the WMS gym after school. The Girls Basketball team is also matching up against Kenmore — as they’ll be looking for their first win on the road. Let’s be sure to pack the stands and root our teams to victory. “Be a Part of the Pride, Williamsburg!!”
- Latinas Leading Tomorrow will be meeting on THURSDAY during ASP I in room 214. Please see Ms. Pointer or Ms. Winter with any questions.
- There will be a mandatory SCA meeting this THURSDAY for ALL officers and reps during ASP 1 in room 215. Please see Mr. Peacock or Mr. Tagert with any questions.
- The 2016-2017 WMS yearbook is on sale NOW!! Just get an order form from your TA teacher — or better yet, get yours ONLINE by clicking the “Order Year Book” link on the WMS homepage. Supplies are limited, so get yours before they’re gone. The WMS Yearbook — Don’t miss out on the memories!
- ACT II classes are still accepting students for the 2nd semester. Act II is a chance for students to take enrichment courses after school for an actual grade on your report card. Choose from a variety of interesting and hands-on classes, such as art, technology, and theater. Sign-ups are available on the activity board by the cafeteria. See Ms. Hogwood or the individual teachers for more information.
- Hey 7th graders! Would you like to work on the WMS Yearbook as 8th graders next year? Then sign up now! Space is limited in this special class — so interested students are asked to fill out an application. Get one from Ms. Briones or Mr. Tuttle, and have it returned no later than February 24th. Act fast!
- Become a student-reporter and sign-up for JOURNALISM next year! The 7th grade “New Media” class focuses on modern technology to tell the news — such as blogs, vlogs, tweets, and digital newspapers. While the 8th grade “Journalism Production” class develops original programming for the student-run broadcast studio — WOLF-TV. The TRUTH is out there — so sign up TODAY!!
- And now, prepare to be AMAZED by all the AMAZING things our AMAZING WMS students can do!! It’s time for “Williamsburg’s Got Talent!!” on WOLF TV!
*CLICK HERE* to watch Williamsburg’s got Talent! on WOLF-TV