- Let’s get coding, Williamsburg! Today is the start of the “Global Hour of Code.” To participate, just update your iPad to iOS 10, download “Swift Playgrounds” from the App Catalogue and then you’re ready to begin! To reach your goal, just spend 12 minutes on the new App each day this week. Special “coding” students will be visiting every TA this morning to provide technical help. Or you can contact Ms. Spanos with any questions. Now be the future, and code, code CODE!!
*CLICK HERE* to watch a “coding” video from Disney.com!
- Wolfpack Pride is going strong! The WMS Model UN Club competed in the GW Conference this Saturday — and kicked some major tail! 8th grader Jack P. took home the “gavel” — and was named “Best Delegate” at the conference. And the team as a whole earned a total of EIGHT awards and mentions. Way to go, wolves!! [clap]
- And the 8th grade WOLFBOTS robotics team also had a big competition over the weekend — at the Virginia LEGO League State Championships. The WOLFBOTS came in 34th place out of 500 teams, scoring in the top 7-percent of all competitors. Great job, WOLFBOTS!!!
- Say Cheese! Picture Day “make-ups” are TOMORROW in the auditorium. So whether you were absent or just having a bad hair day for the first go around — this is your last chance to get a good picture. Students may pick-up order forms in the office, or download a copy from the WMS website. Please see Ms. Argenal with any questions.
- Calling all 6th graders — it’s time to get your GLOW on!! The 6th Grade “Glow Party” is TOMORROW from 2:30 to 4 P.M. in the Cafeteria. There will be a DJ, dancing, junk food galore, a photo booth, & lots of prizes! And in keeping with the “glow” theme, be sure to wear white, neon, or anything with glow in the dark designs. Families are encouraged to donate food and party supplies, and tell your parents that they can still sign-up to chaperone by contacting the WMS PTA — which would be awesome because then you’d get to dance with your mom! The 6th Grade Glow Party — raise the roof!!
- Pizza Friday is Back! The Model UN Club will be selling pizza and cookies for just 2-dollars this FRIDAY after school in the Main Lobby and outside the Cafeteria. All money raised will go to support the upcoming UN conferences. Come hungry!
- The Black History Month WRITING CONTEST is now accepting submissions! Here’s the challenge: Write an essay about contributions made by African-Americans that make a positive impact on your daily life through science, technology, education, politics, or the arts. The contest is open to all students in all grades. Please see Ms. Pointer or your English teacher for more information, and to submit your entry. Good luck, writing Wolves!!
- On November 8th, the American people elected Donald Trump to be the next U.S. president. But what would have happened if the students at Williamsburg were making that choice? The results of the “Mock” presidential election are finally in — and the results are clear. Nearly 600 students voted — and the winner was Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton, with 63-percent of the vote.
Republican Donald Trump only received 18-percent, while the 3rd party candidates each received less than 5-percent. And in the Congressional race, Democrat Don Beyer won, with 58-percent of the vote. Thank you to all of our civic-minded students for participating, and remember: EVERY VOTE COUNTS!!
- And finally — Stop monkeying around, Williamsburg, because it’s time for another segment of WOLF-TV’s: “We’re All Just Orangutans!”
*CLICK HERE* to watch WOLF-TV’s “We’re All Just Orangutans!”