- It’s time to show your Wolf Pack Pride!! A brand new season is getting underway for a pair of WMS sports — and the teams need your support! First up — the Girls Basketball team hosts Swanson TODAY after school. Then on THURSDAY the girls go on the road for a shootout against Kenmore.
Also on THURSDAY, the Boys Wrestling team looks to “take down” the competition at their first match of the year — against Kenmore in the WMS gym after school. So come on out, root our teams to vicory — and “Be a Part of the Pride!!”
- And here’s some more WOLF PACK news — 21 WMS students have been recognized for their creative contributions to the Scholastic Art Competition — now on display at the Arlington Central Library! Congratulations to:
Our 7th graders, Cole A. — Gold Key and Honorable Mention;
Mia B. – Honorable Mention;
Caroline B. – Gold Key;
Mikayla C. – Gold Key and Honorable Mention;
Clara F. – Silver Key;
Madi H. – Gold Key;
Erin K.- Gold Key;
Carly L. – Silver Key
Jenna P. – Honorable Mention;
and Hannah S. – Honorable Mention.
And our 8th Graders, Kiara B. – Silver Key;
Victoria H. – Silver Key;
Maddie L. – Gold Key and Silver Key;
Katya L.- Silver Key
Kelly M.- Gold Key and Silver Key;
Helen N.- Gold Key;
Talia R.- Honorable Mention;
Jessie R.- Gold Key;
Lauren S.- TWO Gold Keys;
Grace S.- TWO Silver Keys;
and Delaney TP.- Gold Key.
Thank you to all who participated, and job well done. Please see Mr. Skrzypek for more information. Way to go, artistic wolves!! [clap]
- Read any good books lately? The Teen Advisory Board — a.k.a. TAB — will be meeting TODAY during all grade level lunches in the library. And now, student-reporter Maren K. brings us a “first-look” at these Totally Awesome Books!!
*CLICK HERE* to watch the TAB Promo on WOLF-TV!
- Need help with Spanish? The Yorktown Spanish Honor Society is back — offering FREE tutoring TODAY during ASP 2 in room WW6. Get extra help with grammar and vocab — and everything you need to succeed. Just sign up with your Spanish teacher to attend, or see Senora Stewart with any questions. Hasta pronto!
- ACT II classes are still accepting students for the 2nd semester. Act II is a chance for students to take enrichment courses after school for an actual grade on your report card. Choose from a variety of interesting and hands-on classes, such as art, technology, and theater. Sign-ups are available on the activity board by the cafeteria. See Ms. Hogwood or the individual teachers for more information.
- Hey 7th graders! Would you like to work on the WMS Yearbook as 8th graders next year? Then sign up now! Space is limited in this special class — so interested students are asked to fill out an application. Get one from Ms. Briones or Mr. Tuttle, and have it returned no later than February 24th. Act fast!
- Become a student-reporter and sign-up for JOURNALISM next year! The 7th grade “New Media” class focuses on modern technology to tell the news — such as blogs, vlogs, tweets, and digital newspapers. While the 8th grade “Journalism Production” class develops original programming for the student-run broadcast studio — WOLF-TV. The TRUTH is out there — so sign up TODAY!!