- The weekend is starting early this week! Today is an EARLY RELEASE DAY at WMS, so we’ll be following a shortened schedule. Be advised that TA will end promptly at 8 A.M., and the school day will be over at 11:54. Hooray for the short day!!
- Wolf Pack Pride is going strong! Your WMS girls soccer team remained PERFECT on the season with a thrilling 1 to zero victory over Gunston Middle School yesterday. The game was scoreless until Mackenzie K. found the back of the net with just minutes to go. And the team STILL hasn’t allowed a single goal all season! The Lady Wolves return to action next TUESDAY at home against Jefferson. Way to go, players!! [clap]
- Say Cheese! Picture Day “make-ups” are scheduled for next TUESDAY in the auditorium. So whether you were absent or just having a bad hair day for the first go around — this is your last chance to get a good picture. Students may pick-up order forms in the office, or download a copy from the WMS website. Please see Ms. Argenal with any questions.
- Calling all 6th graders — it’s time to get your GLOW on!! The 6th Grade “Glow Party” is scheduled for next TUESDAY, December 6th from 2:30 to 4 P.M. in the Cafeteria. There will be a DJ, dancing, junk food galore, a photo booth, & lots of prizes! And in keeping with the “glow” theme, be sure to wear white, neon, or anything with glow in the dark designs. Families are encouraged to donate food and party supplies, and tell your parents that they can still sign-up to chaperone by contacting the WMS PTA — which would be awesome because then you’d get to dance with your mom! The 6th Grade Glow Party — raise the roof!!
- Come one, come all — and participate in the Black History Month WRITING CONTEST! Here’s the challenge: Write an essay about contributions made by African-Americans that make a positive impact on your daily life through science, technology, education, politics, or the arts. The contest is open to all students in all grades. Please see Ms. Pointer or your English teacher for more information, and to submit your entry. Good luck, writing Wolves!!
- Do you have the skills to compete in the Digital Age? There will by more than 1 million computer programming jobs by the year 2025 — but without the technical skills, you could get left behind. So it’s time to start training! The “Global Hour of Code” kicks-off next week — December 5th through 11th. This worldwide event is teaching MILLIONS of kids the basics in computer coding — and preparing them for a successful future.
To participate, just update your iPad to iOS 10 — then go to the App Catalog and download “Swift Playgrounds.” Then you’re ready to begin! To reach your goal, just spend 12 minutes on the new App each day next week. Special “coding” students will be visiting every TA on Monday to provide technical help. Or you can contact Ms. Spanos with any questions. Now let’s get coding, Williamsburg!!