- It’s been a SENSATIONAL SPIRIT WEEK here at WMS — and today we’re wrapping things up with Ugly Sweater Day, a holiday tradition! Thanks to all our students and staff for embracing their “inner ugly.” Looking good, wolves!
In the “spirit” of Spirit Week, today we’ll be treated to a symphony of music — as the WMS Band, Choir & Orchestra performs a holiday concert for the school!! 8th grade during period two; 7th grade during period four; and 6th grade during period six, all in the auditorium. So show your Wolf Pack Pride, everybody, and let’s celebrate the season!!
- The WMS library needs your HELP!! Would you believe that there are over 600 overdue library books right now? SIX HUNDRED!! Well, our librarians want their books back — and they’re going to make it worth your while. TODAY ONLY — return your overdue library book and get some FREE CANDY!
It’s right here waiting for you! So search your backpack, your locker, and the lost-and-found in your classrooms, and bring back your books! Just check in with the Librarians — Ms. Lord, Ms. Tan, or Ms. Scott — for more information, and your CANDY!!
- Calling all future scientists! The Virginia Junior Academy of Science — VJAS — is holding an informational meeting for interested 7th and 8th graders — TODAY during lunch in room WW22. Please see Ms. Warden with any questions. Science rules!!
- The Model UN Pizza Fundraiser is back for the LAST TIME in 2016! TODAY is PIZZA FRIDAY at WMS. Just go to the main lobby or the cafeteria entrance immediately following the bell, and get a slice and a cookie for just 2-dollars All proceeds will help to pay for upcoming Model UN conferences. Come hungry!
- Calling all theater-lovers! It’s time to choose the WMS Spring Musical! Interested actors, singers, and dancers are invited to the “selection” meeting next MONDAY during ASP 1 in the auditorium. Please see Mr. Brown with any questions.
- Have you got game? The WMS girls basketball team will be holding tryouts on TUESDAY, January 3rd — that’s the first day back from Winter Break. Interested athletes should sign-up on the activity board by the cafeteria — and MUST have a current physical on file. Please see Ms. Boyers or Ms. Hogwood with any questions.
- Takedown, reversal — PIN! The WMS wrestling season is set to begin! New and experienced wrestlers are invited to the first official Wrestling Team meeting — on TUESDAY, January 3rd during ASP 1 in the auxiliary gym. This year’s goal — the County Championship! Please see Coach Hicks with any questions.
- Calling all “class clowns!” How would YOU like to be on the Joke of the Day? WOLF-TV is now accepting applications from all grade-level TAs to be featured on the Morning Announcements. Just tell your TA teacher to complete the GoogleForm to sign-up — then bring on funny. Ba Boom, Ching!!