- Wolf Pack Pride is going strong! The WMS girls soccer team puts its UNDEFEATED record on the line — TODAY after school at Gunston Middle School. Let’s keep this rally going — and root on the Lady Wolves. Go get ’em, team!! [clap]
- Plus — Boys basketball is taking on TJ after school in the WMS gym. Let’s pack that cheering section and root them on to victory! [clap]
- There will be an SCA meeting for all officers and reps — TODAY during ASP 1 in room 215. Please see Mr. Peacock or Mr. Tagert with any questions.
- Say Cheese! Picture Day “make-ups” are scheduled for next TUESDAY in the auditorium. So whether you were absent or just having a bad hair day for the first go around — this is your last chance to get a good picture. Students may pick-up order forms in the office, or download a copy from the WMS website. Please see Ms. Argenal with any questions.
- Calling all 6th graders — it’s time to get your GLOW on!! The 6th Grade “Glow Party” is scheduled for next TUESDAY, December 6th from 2:30 to 4 P.M. in the Cafeteria. There will be a DJ, dancing, junk food galore, a photo booth, & lots of prizes! And in keeping with the “glow” theme, be sure to wear white, neon, or anything with glow in the dark designs. Families are encouraged to donate food and party supplies, and tell your parents that they can still sign-up to chaperone by contacting the WMS PTA. The 6th Grade Glow Party — raise the roof!!
- Do you have the skills to compete in the Digital Age? There will by more than 1 million computer programming jobs by the year 2025 — but without the technical skills, you could get left behind. So it’s time to start training! The “Global Hour of Code” kicks-off next week — December 5th through 11th. This worldwide event is teaching MILLIONS of kids the basics in computer coding — and preparing them for a successful future.
To participate, just update your iPad to iOS 10 — then go to the App Catalog and download “Swift Playgrounds.” Then you’re ready to begin! To reach your goal, just spend 12 minutes on the new App each day next week. Special “coding” students will be visiting every TA on Monday to provide technical help. Or you can contact Ms. Spanos with any questions. Now let’s get coding, Williamsburg!!
- Come one, come all — and participate in the Black History Month WRITING CONTEST! Here’s the challenge: Write an essay about contributions made by African-Americans that make a positive impact on your daily life through science, technology, education, politics, or the arts. The contest is open to all students in all grades. Please see Ms. Pointer or your English teacher for more information, and to submit your entry. Good luck, writing Wolves!!
- And now — it’s time for adventure! Grab a ticket and come along for WOLF-TV’s “Traveling Around the Region with Bora and Tony!”
*CLICK HERE* for “Traveling Around the Region with Bora and Tony” on WOLF-TV!