- Hey, 8th grade! Believe it or not, but it’s time to start thinking about high school — and Arlington Tech could be the one for you!! Located at the Arlington Career Center, Arlington Tech uses project-based learning and problem solving to prepare its students for the highest levels of success in college and the workplace. Interested students are encouraged to attend the Arlington Tech Informational Meeting — this THURSDAY during 8th grade lunch in room 110. Representatives from the school will be on hand to answer your questions and help you with the application process. Please see Ms. Flynn for more information about this exciting opportunity.
- Let’s ride! The WMS “Phoenix Bike Club” is gearing up for its first project in bike-maintenance and construction. Participants are reminded that permission slips MUST be submitted by TOMORROW. Be sure to check the Activity Board by the cafeteria for the roster on Thursday, and please see Ms. Scruggs with any questions.
- The Teen Trendsetter’s meeting has been rescheduled for this THURSDAY immediately after school. Our “Discovery friends” are looking forward to reading with their mentors! Please see Ms. Clayton with any questions.
- Calling all scientists! There will be a meeting for the Virginia Junior Academy of Science — VJAS — this THURSDAY during ASP 1 in room WW 22. Please see Ms. Warden with any questions.
- The Model UN Club will be meeting TOMORROW during ASP 1 in room 202. Please see Ms. Carlson with any questions.
- “Oh say, can you see?!” The WMS girls basketball team is seeking a few good singers to perform the National Anthem at home games this year. So if you like to sing, enjoy performing in front of crowds, and want to support our local team — then please see Ms. Boyers in then main office for your chance to sing the National Anthem. This opportunity is open to both students AND our talented staff. The first home game is next TUESDAY, so you better act fast. Go wolves!!
- The Williamsburg SCA has a difficult job. They work hard — behind the scenes — trying to make this year the best it can be. So what’s on tap from the SCA going forward? Student reporter Ana C. brings us the story.
*CLICK HERE* to learn about the Williamsburg SCA on WOLF-TV!