- We begin today with WOLF PACK PRIDE! Competition was fierce at the WMS Geo Bee last Friday — as dozens of students put their knowledge to the test. But in the end — there can be only on. Ladies and gentlemen, this year’s Geo Bee Champion is: 6th grader Evan B. of the Grizzly team! Way to go, Evan!! [clap] Up next for Evan, the State Competition in March.
We’d also like to congratulate this year’s first Runner-Up: 6th grader Hayden S., ALSO from the Grizzlies! And KUDOS to all of our competitors for a job well done. It was a great tournament, and you should all be proud. Way to go, Geo wolves!! [clap]
- And the WOLF PACK PRIDE just keeps coming — the WMS Model UN Team REPRESENTED at the Gar-Field Conference this past weekend. Seven of our delegates were recognized for their outstanding work! Way to go, MUNner wolves!! [clap] The next Model UN Meeting will take place THURSDAY, during ASP 1 in Mrs. Carlson’s room.
- Move over Broadway — because the best musical theater is right here at Williamsburg Middle School! The SECOND DAY of auditions for the Spring Musical — “Singing in the Rain, Junior!” — will be TODAY during ASP 1 in the auditorium. Interested singers, dancers and actors are encouraged to try-out. Please see Mr. Brown with any questions. You could be a star!
- Who wants to WALK, when you can RIDE IN STYLE?! The WMS Bike Club will be holding its first meeting of the year — TODAY during ASP 1 in room 132. Not only will you learn the basics in bike maintenance — but you’ll even get to BUILD a BICYCLE of your very own, or you can give it away to a deserving student in our community. Please see Ms. Scruggs with any questions.
- The Boys Cohort will be meeting TODAY in room 233 during ASP I. Please see Ms. Pointer or Mr. Hicks with any questions.
- And now, an important SAFETY REMINDER for all students who ride the bus to-and-from school. Especially now in the winter months, students must be careful when boarding and exiting the bus. Morning pickups are often cold, dark, and even icy — so you MUST be careful! Please wait patiently at for your bus to come to a COMPLETE STOP — and NEVER run to meet it.
When exiting the bus, you should remain seated until it comes to a complete stop — and NEVER stand or walk in the aisle while the bus is in motion. And when riding, always remember to be considerate and respectful towards your fellow students — and the BUS DRIVER. Keep your voices down to a reasonable level, and follow the bus driver’s instructions — THEY’RE IN CHARGE!
- And finally today — It’s been a BIG WEEK in the virtual world of gaming and technology — and here to tell us all about it is WOLF-TV’s: GAMESHARKEY!!
*CLICK HERE* to watch GAMESHARKEY on WOLF-TV!