- It’s GO TIME for the 2017 WMS GEO BEE! That’s right — TODAY at 12:30 in the auditorium, the best and brightest at WMS are putting their knowledge to the test. This year’s contest will be hosting the largest group of competitors in school history — and the competition will be fierce. Students and faculty are encouraged to “show their WOLF PACK PRIDE” and watch the show IN PERSON, or via LIVE broadcast on either channel 45 or streaming video. The WMS Geo BEE — There can be only one champion!!
- Move over Broadway — because the best musical theater is right here at Williamsburg Middle School! The WMS Spring Musical — “Singing in the Rain, Junior!” — will be holding its SECOND DAY of auditions on TUESDAY during ASP 1 in the auditorium. Interested singers, dancers and actors are encouraged to try-out. Please see Mr. Brown with any questions. You could be a star!
- The Boys Cohort will be meeting on TUESDAY in room 233 during ASP I. Please see Ms. Pointer or Mr. Hicks with any questions.
- Who wants to WALK, when you can RIDE IN STYLE?! The WMS Bike Club will be holding its first meeting of the year — next TUESDAY during ASP 1 in room 132. Not only will you learn the basics in bike maintenance — but you’ll even get to BUILD a BICYCLE of your very own, or you can give it away to a deserving student in our community. Please see Ms. Scruggs with any questions.
- And now, an important SAFETY REMINDER for all students who ride the bus to-and-from school. Especially now in the winter months, students must be careful when boarding and exiting the bus. Morning pickups are often cold, dark, and even icy — so you MUST be careful! Please wait patiently at for your bus to come to a COMPLETE STOP — and NEVER run to meet it.
When exiting the bus, you should remain seated until it comes to a complete stop — and NEVER stand or walk in the aisle while the bus is in motion. And when riding, always remember to be considerate and respectful towards your fellow students — and the BUS DRIVER. Keep your voices down to a reasonable level, and follow the bus driver’s instructions — THEY’RE IN CHARGE!