- We begin today with a special request from “wolf-bot” Jim S. So listen up!
- Hello, everybody! I’m Jim, and today I’m here representing Mr. Dudek’s 8th grade “Robotics” team for a project we’re working on. I’m sure that many of you have heard of “pet adoption” centers for dogs and cats… but did you know that small mammals like hamsters, rabbits, ferrets and others can be adopted, too? Unfortunately, very few of these small animals are ever adopted — and many of them are euthanized every year. So the Wolfbots are trying to figure out WHY this is happening! Please take a moment to help in our research by completing a short, online survey. Just use your iPads to scan the QR code from your TA teacher, or use a computer by logging into your Google account then clicking the link in the “Morning Announcements Blog” section of the WMS website. Thanks for your help, wolves!
*CLICK HERE* to complete the “Small Mammal Pet Survey”
- Attention WMS Model UN Club! It’s time to start preparing for the next conference at The George Washington University! Participants should come to the meeting TODAY during ASP 1 to get your delegate assignments. Please see Ms. Carlson with any questions.
- The LEO Club will be meeting TODAY during ASP 1 in room 120. Participants will be discussing the upcoming Presidential Election, and making “Thank You” cards for Veterans. Go Leo!!
- The Yorktown High School Girls lacrosse team will be hosting an informational meeting for interested athletes TODAY at 3:30 P.M. in Patriot Hall. Meet the Coach, learn about upcoming try-outs, and get important off-season information. Contact Ms. Hogwood with any questions.
- Attention 7th and 8th graders!! “Saturday Science” is back — this SATURDAY in room 113 from 9 to 11:30 A.M. Science teachers will be on-hand to provide help on your science projects. Just be sure to sign-up beforehand, and please use door number 10 to enter the building. Science Rocks!!
- Brush your hair, wash your face, and smile for the camera, everybody — because MONDAY is PICTURE DAY at WMS!! Student photographs will be taken during PE class, so be sure to bring your “picture order form” with you. Extras are located in the office. Please see Ms. Argenal with any questions. Say cheese!!
- This is a reminder for all students taking the “Credit by Exam!” Your test is scheduled for Tuesday, November 8, at 9:00 am at Wakefield High School. Please remember that there is no school that day — due to the Presidential Election — so you will need to arrange your own transportation. See Ms. Soto Villalba with any questions, and GOOD LUCK!!
Este es un recordatorio para todos los estudiantes que van a tomar el “crédito por examen”. El examen es el martes, 8 de noviembre, a las 9:00 de la mañana en la escuela Wakefield. Por favor, recuerde que no hay escuela ese día – debido a la elección presidencial – por lo que tendrá que tener su propio medio de transporte para ir a tomar el examen. Hable con la Sra. Soto Villalba si tiene alguna pregunta, y ¡BUENA SUERTE!!
- Tweet, Tweet, Williamsburg! WMS students are invited to join a new after school “Bird Club!” If you love nature — this club will have you “flying high.” Get it?! Meetings will be every other THURSDAY during ASP 1 in room 112, starting NEXT WEEK. Please see Ms. Araya to sign-up, or with any questions.