- Wolf Pack Pride is going strong! The WMS girls soccer team DESTROYED crosstown rival Swanson Middle School yesterday, with a final score of 5 to zero. With the shutout win, the Lady Wolves remain UNDEFEATED on the season– and they still haven’t surrendered a single goal. What an AMAZING run for goalkeeper Allie H.!! The soccer team now sets its sights on Gunston Middle School, for an away game TOMORROW at 3:15. Keep it up, wolves!! [clap]
- Calling all ACT 2 Theater Arts students!! There WILL be rehearsals after school this week during ACT 2 for the class project: Stuck Pot. Attendance is MANDATORY. Please see Mr. Brown with any questions.
- Attention WMS SCA! There will be be a meeting for all officers and reps this THURSDAY during ASP 1 in room 205. Please see Mr. Peacock with any questions.
- Say Cheese! Picture Day “make-ups” are scheduled for next TUESDAY in the auditorium. So whether you were absent or just having a bad hair day for the first go around — this is your last chance to get a good picture. Students may pick-up order forms in the office, or download a copy from the WMS website. Please see Ms. Argenal with any questions.
- Calling all 6th graders — it’s time to get your GLOW on!! The 6th Grade “Glow Party” is scheduled for next TUESDAY, December 6th from 2:30 to 4 P.M. in the Cafeteria. There will be a DJ, dancing, junk food galore, a photo booth, & lots of prizes! And in keeping with the “glow” theme, be sure to wear white, neon, or anything with glow in the dark designs. Families are encouraged to donate food and party supplies, and tell your parents that they can still sign-up to chaperone by contacting the WMS PTA — which would be awesome because then you’d get to dance with your mom! The 6th Grade Glow Party — raise the roof!!
- Do you have the skills to compete in the Digital Age? There will by more than 1 million computer programming jobs by the year 2025 — but without the technical skills, you could get left behind. So it’s time to start training! The “Global Hour of Code” kicks-off next week — December 5th through 11th. This worldwide event is teaching MILLIONS of kids the basics in computer coding — and preparing them for a successful future.
To participate, just update your iPad to iOS 10 — then go to the App Catalog and download “Swift Playgrounds.” Then you’re ready to begin! To reach your goal, just spend 12 minutes on the new App each day next week. Special “coding” students will be visiting every TA on Monday to provide technical help. Or you can contact Ms. Spanos with any questions. Now let’s get coding, Williamsburg!!
- And now, for a little “historical perspective,” — it’s time for WOLF-TV’s: This Week in History!!
*CLICK HERE* for “This Week in History” on WOLF-TV!