- “Wolf Pack Pride” is going strong! First up — The boys Ultimate Frisbee team made it to the first ever County Championships yesterday — but fell just a bit short against Swanson Middle School, and finished the season in 2nd place. 6th grader Owen M. and 8th grader Caelan M. both had great games for the good guys, and everyone played their best. Congratulations on a great season, wolves! [clap]
- Up next — it was a “battle of the minds” this week at the Speech and Debate Tournament. The WMS-Yorktown team did a fantastic job, with debaters Aniketan P. and Anna W. making a strong impression with their arguments. Great job, wolves! [clap] But the team is still looking for new members to help with upcoming matches. Interested 7th and 8th graders are invited to the Speech and Debate meeting TODAY after school in room 1A6. Because BIG BRAINS are just as important as BIG MUSCLES. Please see Ms. Jones with any questions.
- And moving over to the turf — be sure to come out for the Girls Soccer game against Kenmore — TODAY at 3:15 on the athletic field. Root on the “blue-and-white” as they look for their third win in a row. Go, wolves!!
- The WMS “SWATT” team will be meeting TODAY in room 134 during all grade level lunches. SWATT stands for Students with Advanced Technology Training. So if you love computers, you’ll LOVE this club. All interested students are encouraged to attend. Please see Ms. Solomon with any questions.
- Read any good books lately? The Teen Advisory Board — a.k.a. TAB — will be meeting TODAY during all grade level lunches in the library. So grab your lunch and let’s have chat about some Totally Awesome Books!!
- Attention Model UN Club! There will NOT be a meeting this week. But meetings will resume after the break with a special meeting next MONDAY for GW Delegates, and another meeting for everyone next THURSDAY. Please see Mrs. Carlson with any questions.
- And now, an important reminder for all 6th and 7th graders — the great “Backpack Experiment” has come to an end. Beginning next MONDAY — 6th and 7th grade student will be required to leave their backpacks in their lockers, and instead carry their books and binders to class.
8th grade students WILL be permitted to continue carrying their backpacks — but DON’T GET COCKY! This is a great responsibility — and you are still expected to stay organized, keep cellphones put away and out-of-sight, and leave jackets and unneeded books in your lockers. If anyone has any questions about the new backpack policy, you are encouraged to speak to your grade level administrator.
- And now it’s time to talk about something REALLY important: SPORTS!! It’s WOLF-TV’s “On and Off the Field” with Alex and Costas!
*CLICK HERE” to watch “On & Off the Field” on WOLF-TV!