- Listen up, kids! It’s time to show your “Wolf Pack PRIDE” and root on the “blue-and-white” in a trio of upcoming games this week. First up: Boys Ultimate Frisbee is going for its first ever County Championship — TODAY at 3:15 at Swanson Middle School. The Ultimate team is on a major roll right now — winning both ends of a double-header against Jefferson last Thursday: 8 to 6, and 14 to 3. BOOM — That’s how it’s done!!
- Also playing today: the boys basketball team is traveling to Swanson — looking to get in the WIN column after a pair of tough losses last week. But playing on the road is never easy — so let’s show them our support and pack that Williamsburg cheering section!
- And finally, on tap for tomorrow: the girls Soccer Team looks push its winning streak to THREE games-in-a-row with a match at home against Kenmore on Tuesday. Believe it or not — but the Lady Wolves haven’t allowed a SINGLE goal this season. They’ve got GAME — and it’s INSANE!! Williamsburg athletics is making us proud! Way to go, wolves!! [clap]
- And now for some “futuristic” sports — the Williamsburg WOLFBOTS robotics team had a BIG tournament this weekend. The 6th grade team had a very successful showing — and looks to do even better in the next competition; the 7th graders took home some hardware — scoring 1st place in the research division; and the 8th grade took 2nd place in “robot performance” — which qualifies them for the State Championships at James Madison University. Way to go, Wolfbots! [clap]
- Attention Model UN Club! There will NOT be a meeting this week. But meetings will resume after the break with a special meeting next MONDAY for GW Delegates, and another meeting for everyone next THURSDAY. Please see Mrs. Carlson with any questions.
- And now a VERY important announcement for all 6th and 7th graders — the great “Backpack Experiment” has come to an end. Upon your return to school following Thanksgiving Break — on Monday, November 28th — 6th and 7th grade student will be required to leave their backpacks in their lockers, and instead carry their books and binders to class.
8th grade students WILL be permitted to continue carrying their backpacks — but DON’T GET COCKY! This is a great responsibility — and you are still expected to stay organized, keep cellphones put away and out-of-sight, and leave jackets and unneeded books in your lockers. If anyone has any questions about the new backpack policy, you are encouraged to speak to your grade level administrator.
- This is a “friendly reminder” that students will NO LONGER be allowed to leave class when parents drop off forgotten items at school. Instead, please follow this new procedure: Instruments and iPads can be picked up from the main office BETWEEN classes; homework will be left in your teacher’s mailbox; and lunches will be placed on the front table in the cafeteria. Long story short — don’t forget your stuff, wolves!!
- And now — they put the “current” in current events, and the “pop” in pop-culture. It’s WOLF-TV’s “What’s Trending?!” with Annie B. and Ria K!
*CLICK HERE* to watch “What’s Trending” on WOLF-TV!
- Before we go — we’d like to welcome Principal Laurie to the studio, with the final results of the PTA “No Frills Fundraiser”, and the selection of our final DONUT HERO!!
- Good morning, wolves! I’m joined this morning by PTA President Meredith Purple, and together we are so pleased to announce the incredible success of this year’s “No Frills Fundraiser.” All of the donations have been counted, and thanks to your generous support, we have raised over 37-THOUSAND dollars this year — all of which will be used to support our numerous programs, events and activities here at WMS. Thank you to EVERYONE for your amazing participation. And now, what you’ve all been waiting for — the DONUT HERO DRAWING!! And the winner is: _____________________. Congratulations! The PTA will be in touch with your TA teacher to schedule the party. But wait — there’s more! Also winning a DONUT HERO party is the TA whose families made the most donations this year: it’s Ms. Brown’s TA from the 6th grade! Congratulations to you, as well.