- Williamsburg athletes have been “throwing down” with our cross-town rivals this week — playing a pair of games against Gunstun Middle School. On Wednesday, the boys Ultimate Frisbee team played Gunstun to a hard-fought draw, 7 to 7. It came down to the very end — when Gunstun’s tallest player backhanded the disk in the endzone for the tying score. Ooooooo — so close!
But the Lady Wolves had a bit more luck. The girls Soccer team posted their second consecutive shutout yesterday — locking down a dominant 2 to zero win over the Gunston girls. Jessica P. and Shay M. each scored a goal for the good guys. The next home game is scheduled for next TUESDAY versus Kenmore. So come on out and show your “WOLF PACK PRIDE!” Way to go, sporty wolves!! [clap]
- WHO WANTS PIZZA?! The WMS Model UN CLUB is hosting a “Pizza Sale Fundraiser” — TODAY after school. Pizza slices and cookies will be on-sale in the Main Lobby and by Cafeteria for just 2-dollars. All money raised will go to support the Model UN and their upcoming conferences. Come hungry!
- Attention 8th graders! Yorktown High School’s award-winning “Winter Colorguard” is seeking new members for the upcoming season. Come to the open house to learn more — TONIGHT from 5 to 8 P.M. at YHS in room 183. Contact the band director — Mr. Bersh — for more information, or go to yorktownband.org. Check it out!
- This is a “friendly reminder” that students will NO LONGER be allowed to leave class when parents drop off forgotten items at school. Instead, please follow this new procedure: Instruments and iPads can be picked up from the main office BETWEEN classes; homework will be left in your teacher’s mailbox; and lunches will be placed on the front table in the cafeteria. Long story short — don’t forget your stuff, wolves!!
- Today is the FINAL DAY to participate in the annual PTA FUNdraiser! To make a donation, please go to the “WMS PTA” link on the WMS homepage, then select “No Frills Fundraiser.” All contributions go towards school activities and events. And remember — everyone who donates will be entered into the “Donut Hero” drawing!
- LAST CALL for the Leo Club’s Annual Coat Drive for the Homeless! Collection boxes are located in the library, and students are encouraged donate new or gently-used coats, scarves, gloves and socks. The donation deadline is next MONDAY. YOUR HELP can make all the difference to a person-in-need this winter!!
- Geography Awareness Week wraps up today — and all of the WMS social studies teachers wish you best of luck in the upcoming Geography Bee! Qualifying rounds for each team begin soon, leading up to the school-wide contest in January. So break out your maps and study hard! And remember — geography is EVERYWHERE!
- It’s a BIG DAY in the virtual world of gaming — and here to tell us all about it is WOLF-TV’s: GAMESHARKEY!!
*CLICK HERE* to watch WOLF-TV’s “GameSharkey!”