- Have you ever forgotten anything at home? Your lunch? Your homework? Your musical instrument? Or your iPad? Every day, DOZENS of parents bring in forgotten items for their kids — but this can cause a major disruption to our school day. So, beginning this week, there are a few new procedures for retrieving your stuff.
Instruments and iPads can be picked up from the main office BETWEEN classes; homework will be left in your teacher’s mailbox; and lunches will be placed on the front table in the cafeteria. Students will NO LONGER BE ALLOWED to leave their classes to get something from home. Long story short — don’t forget your stuff, wolves!!
- Sister Circle will meet TODAY in room 233 during ASP 1. ALL ARE WELCOME to come and learn about diversity, empowerment — and having fun!! Please see Ms. Pointer with any questions, or for more information.
- Need help with Espanol? The Yorktown Tutors will be providing extra help with grammar and vocab — TUESDAY during ASP 2 in room WW6. Please see Senora Stewart with any questions. Hasta Pronto!
- The first official meeting of the Teen Trendsetters Club will be this TUESDAY during ASP 1 in room WW18. 7th and 8th graders are encouraged come and check it out. YOU could make a difference in the life of a struggling reader at Discovery Elementary School!
- Ms. Solomon is looking for a few good students to join the Williamsburg SWATT team! That stands for “Students with Advanced Technology Training.” Do you have what it takes? Then come to the meeting TOMORROW in room 134 during all grade level lunches. Computers rock!!
- Attention 8th graders! Yorktown High School’s award-winning “Winter Colorguard” is seeking new members for the upcoming season. Come to the open house to learn more — this Tuesday and Friday evening at Yorktown in room 183. Contact Mr. Bersh at YHS for more information, or go to yorktownband.org.
- The WMS boys Ultimate Frisbee team played an epic tourney against HB last week. Both the 7th and 8th grade teams notched big wins — while the 6th grade team came up just short, losing by one point. Be sure to root on your team in a pair of games this week: TODAY against Jefferson, and Thursday versus Gunston. Way to go, frisbee wolves!! [clap]
- It’s Back! The WMS Model UN CLUB is hosting a “Pizza Sale Fundraiser” — this Friday after school. Pizza slices and cookies will be available in the Main Lobby and by Cafeteria for just 2-dollars. All money raised will go to support the Model UN and their upcoming conferences. Come hungry!
- Donate to Leo Club’s Annual Coat Drive for the Homeless! Collection boxes are located in the library, and students are encouraged donate new or gently-used coats, scarves, gloves and socks. YOUR HELP can make all the difference to a person-in-need this winter!!
- Just ONE WEEK remains in the annual PTA FUNdraiser! To make a donation, please go to the “WMS PTA” link on the WMS homepage, then select “No Frills Fundraiser.” All contributions go towards school activities and events. And remember — everyone who donates will be entered into the “Donut Hero” drawing!
- The weather can be tough to predict this time of year — sometimes it’s cold; sometimes it’s warm. But whatever it’s like outside — WOLF-TV’s Joey P. “rants” that the temperature INSIDE is guaranteed to be even WORSE.
*CLICK HERE* to watch “RANT” on WOLF-TV!