- That’s right! Today is National Walk and Bike to School Day! Thanks to all the teachers and staff who made the extra effort — and went the extra mile — to promote physical wellness and a healthy environment. Thanks for walking, wolves!! [clap]
- The WMS-PTA Book Fair is HERE! That’s right, your WMS Library has been transformed into a cornucopia of collectibles — filled with the best books from every conceivable genre: fiction and non-fiction; sci-fi and fantasy; mystery and adventure — and don’t forget about graphic novels, puzzles, knick-knacks and more! The Book Fair is open all week, from 7:30am to 4:15pm. Plus, tell your parents to drop by during Parent-Teacher Conferences on Thursday and Friday. Reading is GOOD!!
- And speaking of Parent-Teacher Conferences – be sure to put them on YOUR calendar, too! These conferences are STUDENT-led, which means that you kids will be doing most of the talking. Be sure to think about your goals, your challenges, your strategies for success – and be ready to share. Check with your TA teacher for your exact meeting time – Thursday evening from 5 to 8 P.M., and Friday from 7:30 to noon.
- Attention Model UN Students! “Conference Commitment Forms” MUST be signed and returned ASAP — and absolutely NO LATER THAN tomorrow’s meeting. See Mrs. Carlson in room 202 for a new form or with any questions.
- Need help with Spanish? The Yorktown tutors are back! Come to Room WW5 next TUESDAY during ASP II for the first session this fall. Get the extra practice you need to succeed — en Espanol!! Hasta pronto!
- The WMS Boys soccer team remained undefeated yesterday with a hard-fought, 2 to 1 win over Gunstun. Holden W. and John M. scored one goal each for the good guys. Be sure to root on our boys on TOMORROW as they travel to T.J. for an away game. Way to go, Wolves!! [clap]
- Do you have a favorite teacher, counselor, or administrator here at WMS? Then let them know you care! WOLF-TV is introducing a new segment to the broadcast: “Staff of the Week!” The show features FIVE staff nominees — and YOU get to vote for your favorite! Whoever gets the most votes will be featured right here on the Morning Announcements.
To cast your vote, go to the Morning Announcements Blog on the WMS Homepage and CLICK on the online form. Just make sure you’re logged-in to Google for the form to work. And this week’s nominees are: Ms. Hodkin, Ms. Blandford, Mr. Tuttle, Ms. Davidson, and Ms. Lord! Remember, every vote counts!!