- That’s right — it’s HALLOWEEN! The halls of WMS are filled with ghosts and goblins, witches and warlocks, super heroes and super villains — and many of them are wearing costumes, too! And while we don’t want to spoil all your fun, we do need to remind you ONE LAST TIME about the school Costume Rules.
Basically, costumes must conform to the WMS dress code, not offend anyone, no weapons, no masks, and nothing inappropriate. And if you’re not sure — ask a teacher or administrator. If your costume crosses the line, you’re not in trouble — but a school official may ask you get in line. Thanks for understanding, and Happy Halloween!!
- Were you in Ms. Stankus or Ms. Young’s TA as a 6th grader? If so — then you’re invited to the annual Stankus-and-Young Halloween alumni breakfast! Any alumni who aren’t already there should head to the gym right after the Morning Announcements.
- Sister Circle will meet TODAY during ASP 1 in room 233. Come and learn about everything from empowerment to taking a stand for justice for girls to becoming a leader! Snacks will be provided.
- WMS Girls soccer try-outs are going into “overtime!” Due to last week’s rain-outs, the try-outs for 8th grade girls soccer have been re-scheduled for TODAY after school. The final roster will be listed on the Activity Board by tomorrow afternoon, and team practices will begin this THURSDAY. Please see Mr. Girard with any questions.
- The annual FUNdraiser for the Williamsburg PTA is ON! Just go to the “WMS PTA” link on the WMS homepage, then select “No Frills Fundraiser” to make a donation. And remember — everyone who donates will be entered into the “Donut Hero” drawing. The first winning ticket will be selected TOMORROW — so don’t miss out!!
- Donate to Leo Club’s Annual Coat Drive for the Homeless! Collection boxes are located in the library, and students are encouraged donate new or gently-used coats, scarves, gloves and socks. YOUR HELP can make all the difference to a person-in-need this winter!!
- It’s the last day of Bullying Prevention Month – but our STAND against bullies is just beginning! As we move forward in the school year, it’s important to remember that we’re all in this together. Whether you’re being bullied yourself – or you’re a bystander to bullying – this next video shows how TOGETHER we can make a difference.