- Up first, we welcome Ms. Schaefer from the Counseling Department — with a special announcement about “Red Ribbon Week!”
- Good morning, Wolves! I’m Ms. Schaefer, and this is Day TWO of Red Ribbon Week! Did you know that Red Ribbon Week is the nation’s oldest and largest drug prevention program? MILLIONS of Americans participate every year! We at Williamsburg encourage EVERYONE in our community to take the Red Ribbon pledge, and live a drug free life. YOLO: BE DRUG FREE!!
- Thanks Ms. Schaefer! More about Red Ribbon Week tomorrow! The annual FUNdraiser for the Williamsburg PTA is ON! All donations will benefit YOU — the WMS students — with everything from pizza parties, TA breakfasts, school dances, Wolf PAW drawings, graduation, and more!! PLUS — if your parents donate in the next FOUR WEEKS, you’ll be entered into the “Donut Hero” drawing.
The winning ticket will receive a donut breakfast delivered to everyone in your TA — and your parents will win a gift card to a local business. So the whole family wins! Just tell your parents to CLICK on the “WMS PTA” link on the WMS homepage, then select “No Frills Fundraiser” to make a donation. Thanks for supporting the PTA — and good luck in the drawing!!
- The Sexuality and Gender Acceptance Group will meet TODAY in room 228 during ASP 1. Come for genuine conversation, support, and understanding. All are welcome! Please see Ms. Pointer for more information.
- Boy’s Ultimate Frisbee will meet TODAY after school for a short informational meeting. The first practice is scheduled for TOMORROW. Please see Mr. Smo for more information or if you can’t make the meeting. Play on!
- Dribble, pass, shoot, SCORE!! The WMS Girls soccer team is holding tryouts after school this week: 7th graders TODAY, and 8th graders on THURSDAY.!! Interested athletes should sign-up on the activity board by the cafeteria — and you must have a physical on file to participate. Please see Coach Girard with any questions.
- Need help with Spanish? The Yorktown tutors are back! TODAY in room WW11 during ASP 2. Please see your Spanish teacher to sign up. Get the extra practice you need to succeed. Hasta Pronto!
- In just TWO WEEKS from TODAY — on November 8th — our nation will be electing a new President! Technically, you need to be 18 years old to vote — but I think we can bend the rules for kids here at WMS [wink wink]. Tomorrow in TA — students will have a chance to cast their votes for President AND the House of Representatives! It’s your “civic duty.” More details to come!!
- The Leo Club’s Annual Coat Drive for the Homeless is up and running! Collection boxes are located in the library, and students are encouraged donate new or gently-used coats, scarves, gloves and socks. YOUR HELP can make all the difference to a person-in-need this winter!!
- Calling all 7th and 8th graders! Discovery Elementary School is searching for ROLE MODELS to help mentor 1st and 2nd graders this year. Interested students are encouraged to join “Teen Trendsetters” — a new club that can really make a difference in the life of a child. There will be an informational meeting next TUESDAY during ASP 1 in room WW-18. Please see Ms. Clayton with any questions.
- Discovery Elementary School will be hosting “PumpkinFest” on Sunday, October 30th from 12 to 4PM. There will be a parade, pumpkin carving contest, dunk tank, moon bounce, food trucks and a ton of games. But they need YOUR HELP! Discovery needs middle school VOLUNTEERS to help make PumpkinFest a success. Interested students are encouraged to sign-up in the main office.
- And now, please welcome back to the show: our Assistant Principal, Ms. McCarthy!
- Hello, again! I’m Ms. McCarthy, and in case you missed it yesterday — I’m here to ask for YOUR HELP on behalf of the WMS administrators. Halloween is less than a week away, and we have no idea what costumes we’re going to wear! So we’re challenging you students to come up with costumes for myself, Ms. Rowden, Mr. Hicks, and Principal Laurie. Just submit your idea to the “Costume Idea Box” in the Main Office by WEDNESDAY at 3 P.M. Make sure that your idea is suitable for FOUR people – 2 males and 2 females. Thanks for your help, wolves, and Happy Halloween!
- October is Bullying Prevention Month, a time when we as a national community bring awareness to this hateful problem – and resolve to stand up to bullies everywhere. The following video is a reminder that everyone can be affected by bullying – and that even “joking around” can be hurtful to others. It’s up to YOU to take a stand.