- At this time, ALL students in ALL TAs should begin taking the online “Middle School Boundary Questionnaire.”
- You can find a link to the survey in today’s “Morning Announcements Blog” on the WMS website. Thanks for your participation!
**CLICK HERE to take the Middle School Boundary Questionnaire.**
In other news….
- Students rule the school! The WMS Student Council Association — our SCA — is recruiting 6th, 7th and 8th grade students to take leadership positions in school this year. Interested students are invited to an informational meeting next TUESDAY during ASP 1 in room 215. This is your chance to help “Create the Future” right here at Williamsburg. See Mr. Tagert or Mr. Peacock with any questions.
- And now for a Technology Tip from Ms. Solomon: Your student iPads MUST be set with a passcode on the homescreen. A passcode provides basic security, and ensures that your APS Google files, StudentVue app, and personal items remain safe, private and secure. So set up your passcode TODAY!!
- Calling all dancers, musicians, writers, filmmakers, and visual artists! Put your creative genius to the test in the annual “PTA Reflections” contest. This year’s theme is: “Within Reach.” Just get a submission form and turn-in your entry to the “Reflections” box in the library by this FRIDAY.
- Dribble, pass, SHOOT! Tryouts for the WMS Boys soccer team will be “kicking-off” this week. Here’s the breakdown: 6th graders on THURSDAY, then 7th graders on Monday the 23rd, and 8th graders on Tuesday the 24th — all during ASP 1 and 2 on Field number 2. You must have a physical on file to participate. Interested athletes should sign-up on the activity board by the cafeteria, or see Mr. Witte with any questions.
- Take it to the hole! The WMS Girls Basketball Team is also gearing up for a new season. Tryouts begin next MONDAY after school in the gym. Interested athletes should sign-up on the activity board by the cafeteria, and must have a physical on file to participate. See Ms. Boyers or Ms. Hogwood with any questions.
- How would you like to be featured in a special section of the yearbook this year? From now until the end of October, the WMS yearbook is accepting pictures for both its “Summer Vacation” and “Now & Then” sections of its annual publication. If you’ve got some fun pics, just email them to email@example.com or bring them down to room 136. See Ms. Briones with any questions.