- We begin today with WOLF PACK PRIDE!! The Science Fair judges have finished tabulating their scores, and we now know the winners from this month’s WMS Science Fair. Congratulations to:
–and Morgan Phelps. Way to go, science wolves!! [clap]. All of those students will be representing our school at the upcoming Regional Science Fair at Wakefield High School in March. Good luck!
- Last week, WOLF-TV posed an important culinary question to the WMS community– which would you choose: Hamburgers, Hotdogs, or something else? Well, the results are in. Nearly 200 people voted — and it wasn’t even close. With roughly 60-percent of the vote, HAMBURGERS win the title for the ultimate WMS food. Hotdogs got 20-percent, and the rest went to “write-ins” such as steak, salmon, ribs, and chicken — and some off-the-wall items like watermelon, sushi, and fried butter! Thanks for participating in VERSUS, and hooray for hamburgers!
The WMS Theater Department is preparing to premiere its winter production: “Cheaper By the Dozen” — a comedy about a family with TWELVE kids who live a CRAZY life. Here’s the schedule: TODAY during ASP 1 and 2 in the auditorium — the Act 2 Theater Arts class will be holding on open rehearsal. Students are invited to watch this “limited” performance for FREE! And then, this THURSDAY and FRIDAY night at 7pm you can see the full-length production. Tickets are just 5-dollars for adults, 3-dollars for students, 1-dollar for seniors, and it’s complementary for teachers and a guest. “Cheaper By the Dozen” will be a night to remember, so come out and enjoy the show!
- Need help with Spanish? The Yorktown tutors are coming back — TODAY during ASP 2 in room WW 12 with Senora Wilkenson. Get extra help with grammar, vocab, and everything you need to succeed! But the session will only take place if enough students attend, so be sure to sign-up with your Spanish teacher ahead of time. See your teacher or Senora Stewart with any questions. Hasta pronto!
- Latinas Leading Tomorrow — aka the LLT — will be meeting on THURSDAY during ASP 1 in room 214. Members and allies are encouraged to come and join the discussion! See Ms. Cameron or Ms. Winter with any questions.
- Do you have a passion for singing or playing an instrument? If so, you should join the Symphony Club — a new group at WMS that combines band, orchestra, and chorus. It will be meeting every MONDAY during ASP 1&2 in the band room, room 225. Sign-up sheets are available in the orchestra room, the band room, and right outside of the cafeteria. The first meeting is scheduled for next week. So come check it out and enjoy the magic of music! See Ms Tuttle with any questions.
- Did you know that throwing away old electronics and batteries can cause hazardous materials to seep into the ground? It’s true! But the WMS Earth Club has a solution: There will be a special recycling drive from now until January 19th here at Williamsburg. Bring in cell phones, lap tops, cameras, batteries, or any other electronics and they’ll be safely wiped and recycled. Just drop them in the bins by the main entrance or cafeteria. See Ms. Mentch or a member of the Earth Club with any questions.
- And now for a “Transportation Tip” about riding the bus. If you’re ever planning to take a bus that’s not your own — like if you’re going to a friend’s house after school — you MUST bring a note from home to the main office NO LATER than your grade level lunch. Again, do NOT wait until the end of the day to get a bus pass — because there isn’t time and you’ll miss the bus! See Ms. Argenal in the office with any questions.