- We begin today with WOLF PACK PRIDE!! The WMS Science Fair took place over the weekend, and it was an exhilarating exhibition of innovation and investigation. The cafeteria was packed with projects from DOZENS of 7th and 8th graders who put the “scientific method” to the test — all on display for the public to see.
The judges are still tabulating their scores, so stay tuned to find out the Science Fair winners, and who will be moving on to county-wide competition. But in the meantime, congratulations to all of the participants, and the teachers and staff who worked so hard to put on the fair. Way to go, science wolves!! [clap]
- And speaking of the Science Fair, will the following students please report to Ms. Zarro’s classroom during your lunch period:
–Kaylee Board and Sydney Barta
–and Morgan Phelphs. Again, all of those students should go to Ms. Zarro’s room at lunch. See Ms. Zarro or Ms. Araya with any questions.
- An important reminder for all 6th graders on the WHEEL — your current class rotation has been EXTENDED until tomorrow, and your new rotation will begin on FRIDAY. Again, please continue with your current 6th grade exploratory class as usual.
- Attention Model UN Club! There will be a mandatory meeting on THURSDAY during ASP 1 in room 202 — for all students participating in the upcoming Gar-Field Conference. See Ms. Carlson with any questions.
- Sister Circle will meet on Thursday, January 11th during ASP 1 in room 233. Come out for a little Girl Talk — and a lot of fun activities! See Ms. Cameron with any questions.
- The Future Business Leaders of America — aka the FBLA — will be meeting during Wolf Time on FRIDAY in room 137. Students will be discussing New Years resolutions and creating posters to display around the school. Bring a friend and check it out!
- Need help with Spanish? The Yorktown tutors are coming back — next TUESDAY during ASP 2 in room WW 6. Get extra help with grammar, vocab, and everything you need to succeed! But the session will only take place if enough students attend, so be sure to sign-up with your Spanish teacher ahead of time. See your teacher or Senora Stewart with any questions. Hasta pronto!
- Did you know that throwing away old electronics and batteries can cause hazardous materials to seep into the ground? It’s true! But the WMS Earth Club has a solution: There will be a special recycling drive from now until January 19th here at Williamsburg. Bring in cell phones, lap tops, cameras, batteries, or any other electronics and they’ll be safely wiped and recycled. Just drop them in the bins by the main entrance or cafeteria. See Ms. Mentch or a member of the Earth Club with any questions.