Photo credit: Richard Roberts
Are you wondering what to read over the summer? Here are some resources to get you started:
- E-books & E-magazines at Williamsburg – Looking for e-books, e-audiobooks, and online magazines? This page has information on logging into MackinVIA, Destiny Discover and Flipster.
- APS Summer Reading – Middle School: READ. DISCOVER. CREATE.
- Arlington Public Library’s 2020 Virtual Summer Reading Challenge – Read to support AFAC and earn raffle tickets for prizes!
- KidsPost 2020 Summer Book Club – The Washington Post’s KidsPost summer book club for ages 6-14.
- Social Justice Books – Lists of K-12 books dealing with topics on social justice
- The Ickabog – J.K. Rowling’s new free online book for kids. You can even help illustrate the book!
- New York Public Library’s 125 Books We Love for Kids – NYPL librarians list of the best books for kids of the last 125 years
- Book Lists for Teens – from Arlington Public Libraries
- Reading Without Walls at The Hub YALSA – diverse reading lists
- Young Adults’ Choices Reading List – from the International Reading Association showcasing middle and high school books
- WMS_Wolfden on Instagram and Twitter – brief book reviews of books the librarians read over the summer