Project/Problem Based Learning
Tools for all PBLs:
- ZoteroBib – zbib.org – for citing websites, books, images, etc.
- online databases – directions for accessing at home using MackinVIA are at the top of this page
What to Plant in Arlington – 7th gr Science
Carbon Sequestration and the role of plants and trees
- Forests can capture more carbon to ease climate change
- Forests as a Climate Solution? Yes, Naturally
- Sustainable Agriculture in Action: Carbon Sequestration Explained
- What is carbon sequestration?
- Carbon Capture and Sequestration Technologies at MIT
- What are Native Plants? – VA Dept. of Conservation and Recreation
- Native Plants for Northern Virginia – a PDF guide
- Master Gardeners of Northern Virginia
- Native Plants for Wildlife Habitat and Conservation Landscaping Chesapeake Bay Watershed – US Fish & Wildlife PDF
Arlington County Resources
- Projects & Planning – Environment
- Parks & Open Space – a part of Projects & Planning
- Arlington County, Virginia Parks and Open Space – a pdf map
- A globally rare ecosystem lay under it: how collaborative conservation helped restore Arlington, Virginia’s Magnolia Bog – This article is in a database. Click on the link while at school, or from home log into MackinVIA to access databases and search for article title in the Gale database.