Join the APS Office of Equity & Excellence for the rescheduled Black Parent Alliance Meeting at the Arlington Career Center on Tuesday, March 26 from 6 – 8 p.m. Due to the meeting being cancelled in January due to weather, all of the workshops planned for that meeting will be available for the upcoming meeting. In addition, childcare will be available at this meeting for children ages 3 to 10.
The Black Parent Alliance is a group of parents coming together to discuss relevant topics, gain information, and make decisions to improve the education of their children. At this meeting, a variety of workshops and resources will be available to meet the needs of students in all grade levels. All are welcome to attend.
The following workshops and resources will be offered for families at this meeting:
- Transition to High School
- Transition to Middle School
- Choosing Great Books for Your Children
- Elementary Math Workshop
- Profile of a Virginia Graduate
- Career and College Preparation Courses with a Focus on Cyber and STEM
- Arlington County Summer Teen Enrichment Program (AC STEP)
- Northern Virginia Community College
- ParentVUE Training
- National Coalition of 100 Black Women
- School Options and Transfers
If you are interested in attending, please register to attend by visiting the following link: https://bit.ly/2C6sBxC.
For additional information or questions about this event, please contact Jennifer Gross at 703-228-8628 or email@example.com.